Ever wonder why they never made a movie about Jesse Livermore?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gabfly1, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Roark

Roark

They need to rewrite the ending so that it's happier.

#21     Jul 10, 2010
  2. loza

loza Guest

Hollywood SUCKS, they produce shit for the most part. OK, I admit I watch some of them but with disdain. Lately they like to make those sequels showing remarkable lack of imagination and creativity with balls. New movies take balls, sequels are the sign that Hollywood has no balls.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/873PrTZkLsI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/873PrTZkLsI&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

#22     Jul 10, 2010
  3. They should make a movie on Jimmie Rogers and Marc Faber.

The first played by Anthony Hopkins.

Making out big with evil George Soros played by Clive Owen, traveling around the world and encountering all kind of adventures, settling down but humping a hot assian and risking his live by exposing the FED...

And he has a friend (Played by Gene Hackman) who comes from Switzerland, lives in Thailand, bangs hookers, drinks self brewn vodka and likes to daunt the FED as well who come after him but Faber knows martial arts and the locals have his back...

Add in some classic Faber Rogers doom talk and you have some
    great ingredients which will make for a huge hit amongst traders and non traders worldwide.

#23     Jul 10, 2010
  4. donnap

donnap

No kidding. I rarely go to the movies these days, but when I do - you can see or at least feel the formula. It's all kinda the same - they just dress it up differently.

#24     Jul 10, 2010
  5. jem

jem

I agree it could be very good.
    If Wall Street 2 goes big your timing could be impeccable.

Make a compelling 20 page treatment or a script.

And then get a lawyer or an agent to submit it for you.

Don't sign any options without the advice of an experienced lawyer. The options hollywood wannabes pass around are specious pieces of fraud.

#25     Jul 10, 2010
  6. donnap

donnap

LOL - now that would be a freekin' brilliant ending.

Perhaps Mel would add midgets on bicycles swirling around him - you know, to represent his personal demons.

With Gibson directing, you wouldn't have to worry about that PC thing.

#26     Jul 10, 2010