ever heard of a trader named Alex Antoniou

Discussion in 'Trading' started by whodat, May 15, 2018.

1. whodat

whodat

He teaches a seminar called Theory of Eight. He seems to use Gann type methods.

2. Maverick1

Maverick1

Alex is that you? :)

Checked out your twitter account: there's a trade listed there in EURUSD: short 100 at 1.18522 at 15:57:50 and cover at 1.18511 at 15:58:13 for $1,100...

https://twitter.com/alex__antoniou?lang=en

That strike anyone as realistic?...

Statistical Trader likes this.
  3. Quotes from the twitter link Maverick1 provided above:

"Founder of the Unique "Theory of Eight". The seminar that teaches you the EXACT Price & Time levels. This is what you need to know !"

"Very happy to have completed the first 1000 orders in 5 trading days with a profit of +32.6% and a success rate >96%"

"We collected profit EXACTLY at the lowest possible level 1.1670"

Buyer Beware IMO...

beginner66 likes this.
  4. ...just stop there and buy him a beer. It has a better return and lower risk.

5. whodat

whodat

I'm not Alex Antoniou. After you said that I looked at the Dax. I've never traded it but I looked it up. It seems like the minimum increment is .5 so I unless I'm missing something his 12939.3 and 12940.6 aren't possible. Thanks.

6. He needs to put up Myfxbook or GTFO. Metatrader statements are so easy to edit..anyone can be a OTC CFD millionaire.

7. SunTrader

SunTrader

whodat indeed!

Maybe even who did it and ran - with your money.

8. JackRab

JackRab

100% profitable trades... what... you don't believe him? You don't think that's possible? Are you a skeptical person or something? :D ;)

"Over 11,000 manual both long & short trades with 99,02% success rate and 90% ROI from Oct 2012-Oct 2013 with 0,69% risk ratio."

I find it always so amusing when people think guys like this can actually do this... hilarious.

99% success rate... sure... 90% ROI... hmmm. And I did see something like 500k start somewhere... why on earth would anyone with these stats bother doing seminars @whodat ?

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  9. JackRab

JackRab

You're Dan right? Dan Socrates? I think @Maverick1 is pointing to the query in Twitter on March 23 from Alex Engelheart aka Dan Socrates...

10. whodat

whodat

Yes, I understand and I agree. I don't trade forex but what I remember reading about he'd have to be trading enough for about $1000 a pip which is not what it looks like on the statement. He has other account statements that look like they could be legitimate but not that one. I don't trade Dax either but it from what I looked up about it the Dax entries don't correct either. He has other statements where the Dax looks like it could be legit.

Someone made a comment about him catching the exact top or bottom or within a pip or tick. From the articles I've read about him, he uses Gann's square of nine and 50% line. Those frequently come within a tick or two or even to the tick so I don't find that so surprising. He could wait until he hits one of them and post it and not post the others that don't pan out.

#10     May 17, 2018