Ever had a supernatural experience?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, May 2, 2004.

1. The real question here should be...

What is a ghost?

Does anyone (besides me ;) ) know?

And, mytwocents, if you get scared, you can crawl into my bed ;).

*hearing spooky sounds in the background - then realizing it is just the repo guy outside because I missed my last 3 car payments*

#21     May 3, 2004
  2. Alright, I can definitely see why that would make you laugh :).

well, first of all, it also depends on how one defines "supernatural". For example, the following story which I posted to another thread I considered pretty much supernatural, as I don't believe in amazing coincidences:

But I've got spookier ones. After my great-grand father passed away in Belgium, his children decided not to let his sister in Israel know. She was old and they were worried what the shock would do to her. A few weeks later they got a letter from her, telling them that she knows that he passed away and not to worry. He appeared to her in a dream and told her that he had passed away, but that he was very happy...

A neighbor of mine had a 3year old girl with a medical problem. She kept getting sick with high fever every few weeks. In the beginning she would be sick for only a few days, but as time went on she'd be sick for longer and the sickness got worse. The doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. They did all kinds of tests, nada. One time whileshe was in the hospital, I happened to be in the cty where a famous Rabbi lives. I decided to walk over to his house to see if I could get in to him. I could, for about 30 seconds. I quickly told him the story, and he asked me the child's and her mother's names. I told him, and that was that.

The next day, to the doctors surprise, the fever totally dissappeared. And never came back. The illness hasn't returned again since.

I'll write some more later...

Phil

#22     May 3, 2004
  3. Where's the BARF bag?!

#23     May 3, 2004
  4. This is something I rarely have spoken about but your experience was similar in many ways, so I'll jump in. Had a similar experience in college when I was into the occult. Watched a horror flick, started to fall asleep and found that I could not break out of a trance. I subsequently over the next six months experienced some of the same phenomenon you wrote about. All of this was part of what drove me to becoming a theist.

Anyway, I have posted other miraculous events on previous threads that have no simple "all in one's head" explanation:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=396983&highlight=knees+buckled#post396983

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=396915&highlight=tumor#post396915

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=396955&highlight=cerebral+palsy#post396955

Btw, it's nice to see you able to post w/o all the materialist propaganda that I got on previous threads. On the above thread I was told, "I guess we can add illiteracy to your long list of cognitive problems" for even suggesting the idea...Somehow you're managing to avoid the humanist attack dogs!

#24     May 3, 2004
  5. Wow, TradeOff, that's a really scientific, intellectual way of disagreeing!

Unfortunately, ShoeShineBoy, it looks like you're wrong :(.

Phil

#25     May 3, 2004
  6. What do you mean?

#26     May 3, 2004
  7. Seriously, I had the same experience. No cone, but I had a dream where I knew EVERYTHING. I woke up after the dream and told myself to write it all down, but I thought that there is no way you could forget something like this. Well, I fell asleep, woke up and forgot it all.

#27     May 3, 2004
  8. Looks like TradeOff's trying to prove you wrong :(

#28     May 3, 2004
  9. Ditto, but I wrote my first movie script over the weekend.

#29     May 3, 2004
  10. #30     May 3, 2004