Ever feel like giving up?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by John9999, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Lee17

Lee17

Very delicate point John. Yes, even the best of the people in their respective profession go through such trough. And it shakes you from the core, as if you never ever knew how to play that game. However, as they say, “this, too, shall pass”. Take a break but be around. Look at things from the perspective of a spectator and soon, you would get back that mojo.

#51     Feb 27, 2018
    John9999 likes this.
  2. John9999

John9999

That is exactly what I am doing.. taking a break. I have been doing a ton of research into actively managed funds. There are Tech funds that made over 50% in the last 12 months. There are Asia/Pacific funds up over 70%. Even though those have alot of risk compared to the universe of Mutual Funds... it is nowhere near the risks I have taken trading Options and Futures.

There are Large cap Growth funds up over 25% last 12 months. Those are far far less risky than trading.

PLUS,,,, I am enjoying the lower stress of not having to watch every little wiggle for 7 hours or more per day.

#52     Mar 1, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. %%
    Good j999; + i would quit or most likely not even get in, on your op post FEB 22. WHY ??Because QQQ only moved 2 cents close to close on FEB 21- FEB 22. And if i did not have that pattern burned in my brain + i do, i would print that on a daily with 6 months data or 1 year data. And both buy + sell volume was weak, adding to confusion. [sell volume i define as a down day, in price ; vice versa for a buy day, measured end of day, close to close]:caution::caution:

#53     Mar 1, 2018
  4. Fadip

Fadip

To tell you the truth, I've wanted to give up trading a number of times after a total or partial loss of my deposit. But I always got back. Forex doesn't let me go)

#54     Mar 15, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. %%
    TC did real well with some options; but I'm not Trammel Crow + dont live in TX real estate market offered an owner agent an option but we could never agree on a fair price LOL.Good thing about being young or med age;if i 99 years old i would trade/risk less /invest less stocks/ETFs
    I thought about going into the oil business, they use options/oil lease wisely, but i QUIT that idea..................................................................................:caution::cool:

#55     Mar 16, 2018