Ever feel like giving up?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by John9999, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Attempts to get rich quick will inevitably lead to getting poor even faster - J. Finkleheimer

Except bitcoin, which as we all knew, was golden

#21     Feb 23, 2018
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Trading should not be stressful. If it is, then you're likely wildly overextended.

#22     Feb 23, 2018
    fordewind likes this.
  3. Visaria

Visaria

The op is in a drawdown...so he's unhappy.

Everyone goes through a drawdown.

#23     Feb 23, 2018
  4. qxr1011

qxr1011

but not everyone comes out....

one has to make an effort (sometimes huge one) to pull himself out

i do not see any other option as to continue if one wants to come from the draw-down

#24     Feb 23, 2018
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Draw-downs make me fight harder.
    No one's taking my money.
    Its f'n war on.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    #25     Feb 23, 2018
  6. speedo

speedo

Nearly everyone underestimates what it takes to do this, both technically and personally. It doesn't matter much how successful you were in prior endeavors...this is different. It took me years to fully understand price discovery and put together workable day trading methodologies. It took additional time (and pain) before I learned how to behave consistently according to the rules of my trade. Most give up along the way and I don't criticize that but it's doable by most anyone with reasonable intelligence and self control but it will take time and considerable effort to get there.

#26     Feb 23, 2018
  7. d08

d08

Same here, can sympathize. You just have to keep going or if not, learn something else. It's not like you have many options. I've noticed I'm more eager to discover new strategies when doing moderately badly but if I'm really sucking for a long time, I lose all enthusiasm.

#27     Feb 23, 2018
    John9999 likes this.
  8. d08

d08

Not to mention it can stop working in the future. I know most will disagree but the chance of it happening is definitely realistic. There is no stability in trading. As I get older, I don't particularly enjoy this feeling of standing on quicksand, I'd rather have cement.

#28     Feb 23, 2018
    John9999 likes this.
  9. comagnum

comagnum

If you make your trading a series of processes - defined routines, and trade right sized then it should become a routine - even an enjoyable one. Having a detailed trading plan with a strong risk mgmt strategy is what separates the pros from the novices, and it takes a great deal of stress off.

Life is to long to be miserable - make you trading work for you instead of against you.

#29     Feb 23, 2018
    speedo likes this.
  10. John9999

John9999

Here it is just so easy... buy low,,sell high!! so easy to see this AFTER it occurs,,, I made $$ today so who cares... but does anyone else look at a chart like this NQ from today and think it should easier haha Capture3.PNG

#30     Feb 23, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.