Ever Blow Up Your Account?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ps0013, Mar 18, 2008.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Sh...

Did you tried to invoke his liability for the excessive risks? I can't believe you gave that much money to this asshole... Just watching his face makes me puke...

#41     Mar 20, 2008
  2. tango29

tango29

Lenny Dykstra....lol.. I was just reading about his latest scam. He's looking to get Professional atheletes to toss $3 million his way and then he will guarantee them $400,000 /year for life when they retire. His firm will take $500,000 off the top of that $3 mill. and then there will be yearly fees also. What a guy, what stroker.

#42     Mar 20, 2008
  3. tango29

tango29

I let $75000 go to $10000 or so. Before I started trading for myself I bought 2 commodity systems, R&W Technical( Possibly the 1st to get nailed big by the CFTC), and Trend Reflection. Broker had me convinced that they would come back after going into an immediate drawdown, and only once seeing the light of day. They actually got back to within $5000 of breakeven, with a large open profit in the Swiss currency. R&W had a $5000 stop in the Swiss, well you can guess the ending to that trade. Broker was telling me he was hiring a Phd from Univ. of Chicago to see if he could figure out how to improve the systems. I had hit my breaking point and closed out to go lick my wounds and learn for myself. I finally got it in my head I could just as easily lose $60,000 on my own without paying for a program to do it. On the bright side it gave me a wonderful(kidding and crying) carryforward loss for a few years.
    I still have the disks for both systems and my Supercharts that I ran them on. I used TS 2000i when I got it to look at the code for both and was amazed at all the variables in the Trend Reflection. I'm surprised computers back then could even run it.

#43     Mar 20, 2008
  4. He does deep in the money calls, and averages down until he makes a small profit. Breaks just about every time-tested rule of trading.

In the long run, practically a guaranteed loser.

#44     Mar 20, 2008
  5. Vienna

Vienna

Yes, spoke to a good NYC Lawyer that specializes in this kind of stuff. Basically, the agreement I had did not protect me properly, so a lawsuit would have probably meant throwing good money after bad.
    I plain did not expect the huge drawdown because he used to blather on a lot about position sizing etc. ...it happened so incredibly fast that when I realized what was going on it was already too late. If I remember correctly, the account equity went down 35 k from the morning to the afternoon on the day before I pulled the plug... Expensive lesson, I know.... but several years in the past now, in the meantime I am consistently profitable while this clown still has to peddle his sh*t to the unsuspecting :)

#45     Mar 20, 2008
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Nice way to think at it...He is the loser in the end

I have been intrigued by the number of supporters he has on the John Carter thread... Whatever....teachers, speakers...

#46     Mar 20, 2008
  7. never blew out an account :D

#47     Mar 20, 2008
  8. never blew up account because that was my source of a living, but had some rough times at the start of my trading run

#48     Mar 20, 2008
  9. ammo

ammo

try options next time, more leverage ,less risk ran 60k up to 325 k in 6 months and then lost 3o k, next day 30k, then 190k in 1 day, left the biz after that,1990-1, just came back and its a lot harder now, spus had 3 point average daily range back then tarding around 250, and the mrkt profile chart was almost like cheating it worked so well

#49     Mar 20, 2008
  10. That's a pretty amazing come back.

Did you change your trading style or system in order to make it back?

#50     Mar 20, 2008