Event Trading Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dtaylo1, May 8, 2006.

1. dtaylo1

dtaylo1

Hi,
    could any member tell me of possible software i could use to backtest how events such as earnings results, economic reports/data effect share prices, currencies ect.. leading up to and after the result, any suggestions?
    any feedback would be helpfull,
    thank you..

2. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I have done several articles on trading bonds by using price action before the reports are release and buying or selling at the open on the day the reports are released. I also found patterns relating to the auctions.

In a nutshell, you want to counter trend price action which has occurred over the past 2-5 days before the report was released because in general people worry too much about the future.

3. Bob111

Bob111

you can do it in something like wealth-lab, but-you will need a data for it first.i try it once-collect all earnings from fulldisclosure.com, put them into files and then-using my own function put earnings dates on chart. not so hard, but-not simple either.

4. dtaylo1

dtaylo1

I'v being checking out trends coming up to and after eps release and also checking out % price change for different outcomes, not only for stocks but studying the change in prices for currency pairs just before and after major announcements like cpi, ppi and employment rates. i cannot seem to find software that can show me these % changes for, lets say, the last 5 years. Ya Murray Ruggiero i must check out them articles the sound cool.

5. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

TradersStudio support multiple data streams so it perfect to do this type of research. I have my report day and auction database which I market from time to time. I have many consulting clients who trade using this data and I have not sold it in a few years retail. TradersStudio talked me into releasing it again. It contains preprocessed data for each report and auction. These fields are days to next event and days since last event. It works well for developing mechanical trading systems and these dates are know months in advance. Currently my data is updated until October 2006 and it goes back 25 years in some cases.

6. dtaylo1

dtaylo1

Murray Ruggiero could you send me a link to have a look at one of your data reports,how much does it cost.

thanks for that livermoreghost.

7. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

It is a database , which will be a TradersStudio addin . The data is in ASC so it could be used in old 2000i TradeStation as well, but the docs and systems shipped with the product will be using TradersStudio code. I will put a link up on TradersStudio.com and put a post here as soon as it is ready. Thanks for your interest.