Even the libs have to be scared of this

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TGregg, Oct 29, 2008.

1. TGregg

TGregg

Wow.

From McClatchy-Tribune News Service, a pretty liberal org:
    http://bulletin.aarp.org/states/il/articles/obama_outlines_plan_for_national_service.html

The Defense budget gets a #@&load of money, nearly half a trillion a year. Obama wants another half a trillion a year for some sort of "civilian national security force"?!

Holy #@^%! Get them jackboots on the streets, eh? And for all the libtards that think this is good, just imagine - George W. Bush can do this as well, and sooner. Would you be happy with that? Imagine the current administration siezing the treasury and announcing a "civilian national security force" and arming them with half a trillion dollars of guns and ammo.

2. Gord

Gord

It's fine with the Kool Aid drinkers - after all, those will be Obama jackboots...

3. The Peace Corp's coming for you!

Booga! Booga booga!

4. "It also depends on the teacher in East L.A., or the nurse in Appalachia, the after-school worker in New Orleans, the Peace Corps volunteer in Africa, the Foreign Service officer in Indonesia," he said.

Someone might like to remind this stupid crow that the world is financially imploding. Does he ever think about CUTTING government?

5. If you're right (and you're not) but if you are, then make-work programs are exactly what's needed. Remember the "New Deal."

6. 1. The U.S. wasn't $10,000,000,000,000 in debt then.

2. The economy was in depression not stagflation.

3. The New Deal by most measures was ineffective. Unemployment was still 17.2% as late as 1939. Then came the stimulus of war and FDR slaughtering almost a half million young Americans along with 6,000,000 German civilians in the ultimate New Deal program.

http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/recovery.htm

7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I'm just going to make the assumption that you are a jokester, not a retard.

8. TGregg

TGregg

Remeber the new deal? I do very much. And I certainly know about the Civilian Conservation Core. I've seen their work. Been in their forests. Been on their big dam. Been in their bunkhouses. Been in their kitchen. I probably know more about the CCC than most of the people here. But the CCC certainly wasn't a "civilian national security force".

And I wish people would stop quoting Bloviate, who's on my ignore list.

9. Posse Comitatus. Look it up. The federal military cannot police within the 50 states.

TGregg, check back in when God has noticed his error of having birthed you without a decent brain.

10. "He plans to double the Peace Corps' budget by 2011, and expand AmeriCorps, USA Freedom Corps, VISTA, YouthBuild Program, and the Senior Corps. Plus, he proposes to form a Classroom Corps, Health Corps, Clean Energy Corps, Veterans Corps, Homeland Security Corps, Global Energy Corps, and a Green Jobs Corps."

I can only imagine what the Senior Corps will do -- they'll probably demand people get off of lawns across America (then insist that others help them across the street so they can vote Republican).

[​IMG]

#10     Oct 29, 2008