Even the Afghans think the US is shallow minded...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Sep 25, 2008.

1. September 24, 2008
    Pakistan's president tells Palin she is 'gorgeous'
    Posted: 06:20 PM ET

From From CNN's Peter Hamby and Wes Little

NEW YORK (CNN) – Sarah Palin and the foreign leaders she has met with in New York have said very little to reporters over the last two days, but the press happened to be in the room on Wednesday for one eyebrow-raising exchange, as the new president of Pakistan lavished praise on Palin's looks.

On entering a room filled with several Pakistani officials this afternoon, Palin was immediately greeted by Sherry Rehman, the country's Information Minister.

"And how does one keep looking that good when one is that busy?," Rehman asked, drawing friendly laughter from the room when she complimented Palin.

"Oh, thank you," Palin said.

Pakistan's recently-elected president, Asif Ali Zardari, entered the room seconds later. Palin rose to shake his hand, saying she was “honored” to meet him.

Zardari then called her "gorgeous" and said: "Now I know why the whole of America is crazy about you."

"You are so nice," Palin said, smiling. "Thank you."

A handler from Zardari's entourage then told the two politicians to keep shaking hands for the cameras.

"If he's insisting, I might hug," Zardari said. Palin smiled politely.

The Alaska governor did not answer questions from reporters at her first two appearances on Wednesday, when she joined McCain in meetings with Georgian president Mikheil Saakashvili and Ukrainian president Viktor Yushchenko, and then traveled downtown to meet with Iraqi president Jalal Talabani.

But she did offer brief remarks to a reporter at the Zardari meeting who asked about her day.

"It's going great," Palin said. "These meetings are very informative and helpful, and a lot of good people sharing appreciation for America."

2. Afghan=Pakistani??

3. Since apparently it bothers you, contact the moderators and have them fix the error...

4. What error? I was just trying to figure out why no mention was made of afghani's in the article, maybe some of those mentioned could have been from afghanistan, originally.
    Or, maybe a geographical reference.
    Or, even comment as to the fact anyone would think so , after such schmaltz.

Juuuust wondering, is all.

:)

5. Afghans and Pakistanis are related - same tribes etc - it was just the British who randomly drew a border between them.

6. It was? Hmm, back to the history books for me.
    I didn't know the british had a lot of say in the pashtun speaking areas (pardon the terrible, and unintended pun).
    British India used to be a heck of a lot bigger, is all i know.

7. France has Carla Bruni.

We need to present to the world not every woman in U.S. politics is a Madeline Albright wanna be when it comes to looks.

8. acronym,

the Pashtuns have always been separate, and close to Iran. They got squeezed between the British and Russia. Then the wars that followed ended in the Durand line... and the current border.
    See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durand_Line

9. See, that's why i love this site-always something new. Lets face it, anyone will get glassy eyed after a few hundred years of history of any joint, that region is a black hole really, unless you live there.

10. Carla Bruni is hot, and not a politician though. She just married one, big nose and all.

I agree, i think Albright was basically pissed that Thatcher filled her role in the evolutionary void of the global stage of women in politics-the role Albright really wanted, to wage war against little, largely defenceless countries, like a rottweiller being refused the chance to eat some pomeranians or similiar.

Besides, look what happened to hillary-not milfworthy? No, i don't think so either.
    Albright? She looks like an extra from a star trek spin-off, and it sticks in her craw that she never "made it" because men still rule the show.

If a drop dead gorgeous barbie with credentials galore, ran-nobody would take her seriously, and it may ruin a lot of relationships to boot.

The human race hasn't evolved that far, you know.

#10     Sep 25, 2008