Even if I was a DIE-HARD Republican I could NOT vote for PALIN

Discussion in 'Politics' started by iceman1, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Dave hate to point this out but summa cum laude means "with supreme honors" so technically speaking that would be top of the class.

That said magna cum laude from Harvard is nothing to sneeze at.

Neither is being the editor of the Harvard Law Review and the first African American one to boot.

Correct me if I'm wrong but neither of the Clintons graduated with Latin honors from Yale did they? If so academically speaking Obama's university record would seem to be more impressive.

#31     Sep 26, 2008
  2. I won't !

But I do want to visit Alaska someday... and try a mooseburger... that is IF Alaska has not seceded from the USA by that time!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

#32     Sep 26, 2008
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

You remind me a lot of George Costanza.
    Funny to watch - but not very bright.

#33     Sep 27, 2008
  4. Whoops! You're right. Looks like I'm not going to graduate at all!

Obama's university record is astounding even compared to Bill Clinton who was a Rhodes scholar.

For some fun (and irrelevant) contrast, here's a video of Sarah Palin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YYplAoEdDs

#34     Sep 27, 2008
  5. Dave, you keep repeating this, but all I'm asking is how do you know it. Is it from Obama's web site, where we know he lied about being a Univ. Of Chicago law professor when he was really only a lecturer? Simple question. I don't need the latest talking points or one of your condescending explanations.

#35     Sep 27, 2008
  6. ok, yeah - you're right. Anyone can become a LECTURER at the University of Chicago! It's only one of the top TEN law schools in this Country. But hey, he wasn't a "professor"! Nope. just a lecturer!! Damn that sucks. Guy must be stupid!

#36     Sep 27, 2008
  7. Actually it's from numerous articles and biographies.

But you can contact Harvard Law School News Coordinator, Emily Dupraz and ask her if it's true.

It's not something that someone can lie about, as the school (or the guy who did win the award) will correct it very quickly.

Well this will qualify as condescending: The University of Chicago says he was a professor.

"From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School."

http://www.law.uchicago.edu/media/index.html

#37     Sep 27, 2008
  8. did palin DROP OUT yet ???

#38     Sep 28, 2008
  9. I don't believe she'll drop out, as McCain is too stubborn and egotistical.

She's in for the long haul: the presidency in 2009.

#39     Sep 28, 2008

10. God forbid!

#40     Sep 28, 2008