Eveery argument in P&R boils down to:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro, Nov 29, 2009.

1. jem

jem

I am not the person making statements about proof.... you are. I do not claim to have evidence... you do.

Not lets see your proof of no creator ... or revise your statements.

#11     Nov 30, 2009
  2. you must have missed this part:
    "Can you imagine the ignorance level of someone who asks you to provide a formal proof for a negative? "

#12     Nov 30, 2009
  3. jem

jem

can you imagine the ignorance level of someone saying they have proof of a negative? once again I am not the one saying I have proof. you are.

Now do you get how ignorant you sound.

#13     Nov 30, 2009
  4. why do you believe something you have no proof for and has never been observed? the only answer can be that you believe because of stone age writings handed down and that you inherited. since you admit you have no proof and there has never been physical evidence to support your belief you cant claim a rational basis for what you believe. how intelligent is that?

#14     Nov 30, 2009
  5. that was just a movie nitro. why do many think that movie quotes are so profound? :D

you should be reading/referencing great philosophers not ... movie dialogue :D

#15     Nov 30, 2009
  6. jem

jem

This is an entirely different point.
    Now you are saying I have no proof. I am not the one who is saying I have proof. I have faith.

However logically even your unicorn analogy is flawed.

A better one would be this.

You saw a unicorn.

You believe it was created by a man from a horse with a fake tusk.

I say wrong it was not created, it has always been. It was just here.

Then I try to tell you you are nuts because you have no proof of a creator.

#16     Nov 30, 2009
  7. nitro

nitro

The people that write these scripts are often themselves philosophers, or at least English majors and are often extremely well read. That line from that movie is so concise I could not quoted a philosopher that said it better.

It is often said that you could learn everything you need to know about life from pop songs.

#17     Nov 30, 2009
  8. Often movie script writers are famous philosophers .. name one :D

how about daytime TV, you consider them geniuses too :D

#18     Nov 30, 2009
  9. jem

jem

I do not think he said famous philosophers. Just philosophers.

the guys who wrote the matrix.

#19     Nov 30, 2009
  10. rational educated adults,except you evidently, dont start out believing in negitives. if we did adults would all still believe in santa clause until there was positive conclusive evidence that he does not exist. do you still believe in santa clause? why not?

#20     Nov 30, 2009