Evangelicals Question The Existence Of Adam And Eve

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Apr 11, 2012.

1. jem

jem

did you read my quote. is the argument every person on earth or every person in the Kol erets.

But back to you... what exactly are you saying is contradicted by science? Then we can check it out.

#41     Apr 11, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

On a side note a friend sent me this email.
    I thought it entertaining, I sure hope it's not a fake.

"Ann Barnhardt is described as "a livestock and grain commodity broker and marketing consultant, American patriot, traditional Catholic, and unwitting counter-revolutionary blogger. " She has taken on Islam and they have noticed.

Here is her response to a death threat.

DEATH THREAT:
    To: annbarnhardt
    I'm going to kill you when I find you. Don't think I won't, I know where you and your parents live and all I'll need is one phone-call to kill you all. mufcadnan123!
    ----------------------------------------------
    ANN'S RESPONSE:
    Re: Watch your back.
    Hello mufcadnan123!

You don't need to "find" me. My address is 9175 Kornbrust Circle, Lone Tree, CO 80124.
    Luckily for you, there are daily DIRECT FLIGHTS from Heathrow to Denver . Here's what you will need to do. After arriving at Denver and passing through customs, you will need to catch the shuttle to the rental car facility. Once in your rental car, take Pena Boulevard to I-225 south. Proceed on I-225 south to I-25 south. Proceed south on I-25 to Lincoln Avenue which is exit 193. Turn right (west) onto Lincoln . Proceed west to the fourth light, and turn left (south) onto Ridgegate Boulevard . Proceed south, through the roundabout to Kornbrust Drive . Turn left onto Kornbrust Drive and then take an immediate right onto Kornbrust Circle . I'm at 9175.
    Just do me one favor. PLEASE wear body armor. I have some new ammunition that I want to try out, and frankly, close-quarter body shots without armor would feel almost unsporting from my perspective. That and the fact that I'm probably carrying a good 50 I.Q. points on you makes it morally incumbent upon me to spot you a tactical advantage.
    However, being that you are a miserable, trembling coward, I realize that you probably are incapable of actually following up on any of your threats without losing control of your bowels and crapping your pants while simultaneously sobbing yourself into hyperventilation. So, how about this: why don't you contact the main mosque here in Denver and see if some of the local musloids here in town would be willing to carry out your attack for you?
    After all, this is what your "perfect man" mohamed did (pig excrement be upon him). You see, mohamed, being a miserable coward and a con artist, would send other men into battle to fight on his behalf. Mohamed would stay at the BACK of the pack and let the stupid, ignorant suckers like you that he had conned into his political cult do the actual fighting and dying. Mohamed would then fornicate with the dead men's wives and children. You should follow mohamed's example! Here is the contact info for the main mosque here in Denver :
    Masjid Abu Bakr
    Imam Karim Abu Zaid
    2071 South Parker Road
    Denver, CO 80231
    Phone: 303-696-9800
    Email: denvermosque@yahoo.com

I'm sure they would be delighted to hear from you. Frankly, I'm terribly disappointed that not a SINGLE musloid here in the United States has made ANY attempt to rape and behead me. But maybe I haven't made myself clear enough, so let me do that right now.

I will NEVER, EVER, EVER submit to islam. I will fight islam with every fiber of my being for as long as I live because islam is pure satanic evil. If you are really serious about islam dominating the United States and the world, you are going to have to come through me. You are going to have to kill me. Good luck with that. And understand that if you or some of your musloid boyfriends do actually manage to kill me, The Final Crusade will officially commence five minutes later, and then, despite your genetic mental retardation, you will be made to understand with crystal clarity what the word "defeat" means. Either way, I win, so come and get it."

#42     Apr 11, 2012
  3. stu

stu

To keep the trading metaphor you introduced, curve fitting is not debating a nuance. Saying bad is good, wrong is right by interpreting what the bible says to what it doesn't, is delusion, or worse, deceit .

That's biblebabble.

The entire bible points to inconsistency and contradiction . It points to or rather screams out - fable mythology and story telling. It only points to your other things whenever you interpret it out of all reason and rationality , and start curve fitting the thing even worse than an Enron profit chart.

#43     Apr 11, 2012
  4. jem

jem

Ok lets see you back that up.

I suggest you start a thread... is the bible a fable.

You pick the inconsistency and I will provide the response.

We already know we have covered some of this on et... some may be tougher to come to a consensus than others - granted. I am fine with that. I only force the issue when you make ridiculous claims like the one in which you said there is plenty of science showing life evolved from non life here on earth.

I will also show some other things which would make this "fable" pretty amazing.

Lets tackle this one issue at a time a do a good job.
    In the end it should be clear one of us is the fool.
    If you agree to stick to the point and actually link to evidence instead of your own baloney... I will agree to refrain from name calling you names provided you exercise the same restraint and refrain from misrepresenting my statements.

#44     Apr 11, 2012

5. All it would prove would be that the current Christian texts might contain things that may not be factually correct, which wiould then raise questions of whether they are books from God. Does the above "science" disproves the Tanakh and the Quran?

#45     Apr 11, 2012
  6. I believe you are a believer, but of course you do not believe in current day christian books.

#46     Apr 11, 2012

7. Fossilized clam shells on top of mt everest. Hows that for evidence?

Want more?

The bible says the mountains formed after the great flood which would explain how the fossils got there.

Whenever evolutionists find fossils, they are always in a condensed area with other fossils as if there was some flood that brought them all together. Like the messel pit for example where they found the 46 million year old "ida" our supposed ancestor. They found 10,000 different fish, mammals, birds and reptiles in a 1/4 mile area. Funny enough that almost all those animals are modern day animals they found, like horses, mice, frogs, bats, ect. Almost as if there was some big flood and when the water receded, they all ended up in the messel pit as if the water brought them all there.

Why is it that atheists can look at the planet Mars which has virtually no water, and tell us that it was once covered in water, can somehow look at the earth which is over 70% water and tell us it could NEVER EVER have been once 100% covered.

How do atheists not get that if you have an area that is 100% covered by water, that it is possible that the dirt under the water can be moved so that some of it is poking up out of the water?

You want a more scientific explanation than "God did it" How about "God, knowing the future, created a comet that would graze the atmosphere at a certain point in time, causing new rain to come in and flood the earth while at the same time, the gravity from the comet caused 12.0 magnitude earthquakes which cause mountains to be formed almost overnight and trenches in the oceans which freed up the other 30% of the land."

#47     Apr 11, 2012
  8. I want to know how Noah got 9 million species on his boat. I guess the saltwater fish would take care of themselves, but the freshwater ones must have needed some serious tankage.

And considering that we've only identified about 10% of all the species on earth, well, Noah must have been one hell of a collector.

#48     Apr 11, 2012
  9. stu

stu

It wasn't a question. Bad start.

In fact I show literal inconsistency or contradiction, you deny everything and anything, turn everything and anything into absurdity, interpret everything and anything off the charts and commence the name calling and possibly use your sockpuppet again.

No thanks. You've already proved yourself too dumb to make anything that resembles a coherent rational argument.

You think 'forcing the issue' is to adopt some or all those methods you use which I mentioned above, changing wording, to say something that wasn't said.
    Exactly my point to Wallet.
    Alter bible words so they don't say what they do say.
    Alter my words likewise.

You already claimed the fool title for yourself a long time ago.

So let me get this straight.
    I make a statement, you misunderstand it , misrepresent it, change its wording and context. You then accuse me of misrepresenting your statements, ask for confirmation of what I said from a link rather than discuss its reason and logic, get a link, then say the information in the link is bullshit, call it baloney and go back to name calling, possibly using your sockpuppet again, but accuse everyone else of using a sockpuppet, and when you're caught, tell me to fuck off.

Got it.

You and your religious cronies who subscribe to all that sort of sheer indefensible bunkum, obviously consider absurdity is an acceptable argument and can never be wrong, as if that has a special pass in the name of religion. Whereas in reality, evidence fact and reason aren't allowed a place in the Weird World of God.

#49     Apr 12, 2012
  10. Wallet

Wallet

Nope, it's the power to change lives. Ever notice Stu, how when someone mentions Confucius, Muhammad, Joseph Smith, or any other religious figure people barley take notice let alone get their panties in a wad..... but mention the name Jesus and all hell breaks loose, literally.

Romans 1:16:32

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them.

or since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles. Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator--who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.

Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

#50     Apr 12, 2012