Evangelicals Question The Existence Of Adam And Eve

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Apr 11, 2012.

1. I wonder if it bothers the religious that atheists have brilliant physicists, biologists, mathematicians arguing for the atheist side, while they have, really, no one of credible intelligence?

For three hundred years now, the Christian astronomer has known that his Diety didn't make the stars in those tremendous six days; but the Christian astronomer doesn't enlarge upon that detail. Neither does the priest.
    Samuel Clemens- Letters from the Earth

#11     Apr 11, 2012
  2. Wallet

Wallet

One last post,

It's obvious my earlier remarks concerning Genesis 1:2 and the time line of creation went completely over your head, I personally think that the Earth is millions of years old, and I have no conflict in interpreting the creation account given in Genesis in that fashion.

Once again you're stuck in Sunday School mode, my suggestion is you get a Bible and actually study it without prejudice, it may just change your life.

#12     Apr 11, 2012
  3. Dont you find it interesting that before the belief in God, that humans lived like animals. Then 6000 years ago when God came into the picture, everything slowly got better for humans. Writing systems came along, the use of math came along. Farming methods were developed, villages were created and then towns & cities. All AFTER the belief in God. Before the belief in God, man left no evidence that man even existed.

#13     Apr 11, 2012
  4. i spent 50 years as a christian. i will bet i know more about the history of the bible than you do.
    look. i dont mind if people like need their myths and superstitions as a security blanket. the real world is a scary place and some people just need to believe there is some father figure up there looking out for them.
    my problem comes when people like you want their myths taught in school as fact and have our government run based on those myths. when that happens more enlightened people are going to challenge you.

"Illusions commend themselves to us because they save us pain and allow us to enjoy pleasure instead. We must therefore accept it without complaint when they sometimes collide with a bit of reality against which they are dashed to pieces."
    -- Sigmund Freud

#14     Apr 11, 2012

5. were you ever educated? we have evidence of man existing a lot further back than 6000 years.

Often a non-Christian knows something about the earth, the heavens, and the other parts of the world, about the motions and orbits of the stars and even their sizes and distances,... and this knowledge he holds with certainty from reason and experience. It is thus offensive and disgraceful for an unbeliever to hear a Christian talk nonsense about such things, claiming that what he is saying is based in Scripture. We should do all that we can to avoid such an embarrassing situation, which people see as ignorance in the Christian and laugh to scorn."
    [St. Augustine],

#15     Apr 11, 2012
  6. stu

stu

Beer is older than 6000 years. Things have been getting slowly better for humans ever since.

#16     Apr 11, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

The Obama myth?

#17     Apr 11, 2012
  8. Wallet

Wallet

No, you may have spent 50 years in a church but you didn't have a personal relationship with God, nor I'd say did you spend more than a cursory amount of time in the Word....... FT all your commentary concerning the Bible and Christianity is at introductory levels, mainly focusing on presumed fallacies and inconsistencies.......

I repeat pick up a bible with a good study guide and STUDY IT.

#18     Apr 11, 2012
  9. stu

stu

"I repeat pick up a bible with a good study guide and STUDY IT."

..."and when you interpret it they same way I do, then you'll understand it properly"

Can't you see the problem with that Wallet?

#19     Apr 11, 2012
  10. Wallet

Wallet

This primarily is a trading forum correct? U a trader? Have you ever perused the forums seeing some guy sprouting some new system or setup and you know he's full of it by what he writes?

That applies to a lot of things........ and without going into personal backgrounds let me assure you, I've spent more than just a little time researching and studying the Bible....... and when someone spouts off this or that, it's easy to spot an agenda or misunderstanding after you spend some time. The Bible is consistent from Genesis to Revelations, it's not my interpretation Stu, there's only one true interpretation and it all points to a singular TRUTH , but many, MANY, like to fragment it and pull out of context it's text to promote some personal agenda.

#20     Apr 11, 2012