Evangelicals Fear the Loss of Their Teenagers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Oct 5, 2006.

1. stu

stu

No removal or demand of the kind you describe was mentioned.

Not having one thing, doesn't require another thing must take its place. Neither thing, it can be argued, would be the better option.

#51     Oct 8, 2006

2. Theistic beliefs in general. Stu, it's plainly obvious you deplore and detest the fact that some people believe in God. It's your right to, but please stop pretending otherwise.

#52     Oct 8, 2006
  3. He changed it, you know.

And in a very specific way that exposes your own bigotry toward theists....

#53     Oct 8, 2006
  4. if don't belive in God, then who put your eyes is alignment instead of one of them at t he belly button.......and a foot on back of head?.......just evolved like that.....while the million s of years eveolved us how did we reproduce if reproductives orgrans were not formed all at one moment...........don't insult common sense....Islam was founded by one man at one moment in history never prophesied anywhere, much less 800 years earlier......as Christ was .....read psalms........Christ did not have a 6 yr old wife as muhammed did......islam is bad stuff.......violence .......

#54     Oct 8, 2006
  5. stu

stu

The replacement of the word atheists in place of theist and inserting my alias is hardly specific change to the expression of the point I had already made.

But you seem to think a set of words exposes nothing about theists when written in one place, but the same words expose bigotry toward theists when copied in another,

That I think you should find, is yourself exposing your own prejudice .

#55     Oct 8, 2006
  6. stu

stu

It may be plainly obvious to you but not to me. Nowhere have I expressed any such thing. You may do better to address the specific argument. It seems an odd set of "beliefs" that require you must continually try to demonize and insult in defense of them.

It is not any beliefs I begrudge, it is any claim that they must be practiced or positioned above those things that are usually considered higher value to most people.

#56     Oct 8, 2006
  7. Why would it expose any prejudice in me? I didn't write it..... Just merely agreed with the method of exposing you as a bigot....

BTW, I'm not religious at all. Not even sure what I would be classified as. But I believe agnostic is right.

#57     Oct 8, 2006
  8. Of course not stu. You belittling of theists, you condescension toward theists, etc. is just part and parcel of your "lively" exchanges...

#58     Oct 8, 2006
  9. stu

stu

When the subject was -theists-, the words didn't expose anything to you. When the subject only is changed to -atheists-, the same words expose bigotry to you. That displays a predjudice on your part.

#59     Oct 9, 2006
  10. stu

stu

Any remark or questioning of your standpoint you describe as belittling and or condescension of theistic belief. The argument is not important to you, repeat play of the persecution card or a reduction to absurdity is as far as you ever get.

#60     Oct 9, 2006