Evangelicals Fear the Loss of Their Teenagers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Oct 5, 2006.

1. to defend america against people like you who try to force america to teach its children that the stories in the bible are true.

#31     Oct 6, 2006
  2. So then you do begrudge me my beliefs. Sheesh. Make your mind up. (All that even despite my admitting I don't believe the entire Bible is literally true. A hard man to please.)

#32     Oct 6, 2006
  3. stu

stu

From the remarks you have made it is abundantly clear you would not be one of the reasonable bunch you describe.
    Most "ET theists" as you call them are crude, insulting and self-contradictory. A few are not and I have been pleased to hold civil conversation and debate with them.
    That post of yours above is the epitome of the approach by most "ET theists" who are are angry, snarling and aggressively over defensive in holding their religious perseqution complexes , many of whom at the drop of a hat will rush to be abusive, as you have confirmed yourself.

It's not your beliefs that are begrudged, it is the arrogant attitude that you have some extraordinary right to practice the shoving of them down the throats of everyone, including other peoples' children, that is begrudged.

#33     Oct 7, 2006
  4. =====================

True, lots of truth, thereSam123 ;
    but Zell Miller was/is a wise democrat.

And the dems that leaked all the news about the late FLA Republican federal rep who apparently tried to seduce his federal youth workers,
    those dems weren't so dumb.:cool:

#34     Oct 7, 2006
  5. :D :cool:
    ===============
    Think you read it right,Acronym.

murray TT:D

#35     Oct 7, 2006
  6. traderob

traderob

:D

#36     Oct 7, 2006
  7. Most "ET atheists" are crude, insulting and self-contradictory. A few are not and I have been pleased to hold civil conversation and debate with them.

It's not your beliefs stu that are begrudged, it is the arrogant attitude that you have, the projection that you have some extraordinary right to practice the shoving of them down the throats of everyone, including other peoples' children, that is begrudged.

#37     Oct 7, 2006
  8. Wow,

nice post, dude...

#38     Oct 7, 2006
  9. I've never once claimed nor even intimated that I have such a right.

Go and reread your own posts stu. It is my (our) beliefs you begrudge.

#39     Oct 7, 2006
  10. maxpi

maxpi

If you really flesh all that out with some knowledge it is actually a good set of assumptions for basing thought on and making good decisions. The "conspiracy" part regarding the scientists is over the top, they are not conspiring, they just don't care about the Bible and are bothered by the people that do.

I have not found that Satan has to roam the earth much, what he does is get people to believe lies, usually at a time of emotional trauma, and he then has partial control over them until they confess the sin of believing the lie. It takes years to get rid of it all, years, that's why I don't watch these religious guys on TV or pay close attention to most church teachers, they don't understand that.

Chuck Missler can explain the disparity between what "science" [it's conjecture] thinks about the timeline of things and what the Bible says.

I am respecting everybody's opinion and never apologizing for my own.

#40     Oct 7, 2006