Evangelicals Fear the Loss of Their Teenagers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Oct 5, 2006.

1. stu

stu

don't make me laugh. You'll need every atheist you can find as the moooslims breed. The only ones capable of standing between two lots of wizbrained godbots will be the ones who don't need to put up with all that bullcrap.

#21     Oct 6, 2006
  2. did you have a problem understanding the article in the op? must have gone to a church school.
    if as the article says only 4% of the next generation still believe the bible who do you think is going out of existence?

#22     Oct 6, 2006
  3. #23     Oct 6, 2006
  4. According to my health teacher, we usually get created with about a teaspoon of goo.

#24     Oct 6, 2006
  5. Not believing the bible doesn't equal not believing in God, does it? So which school did you go to?

#25     Oct 6, 2006
  6. what evangelical group does not claim you will go to hell if you reject the bible?
    it is a good first step. the world would be a better place if the bible were relegated to myth status.

#26     Oct 6, 2006
  7. And how will you 'stand up' wizbrained Muslims, stu(pid)? ET theists are (mostly) a reasonable bunch, willing to endure the huffy (and often dishonest) swipes you intersperse your arguments with and reply to them with tones of reason and yet I'm not aware of one ET theist you've managed to convince to abandon theism. What chance then with irascible Muslims? Please, it's you who's making me laugh. You'll stand up to Muslims, pfft.

#27     Oct 6, 2006
  8. Probably. Yet belief in God, and even Christianity, would endure. I certainly don't take everything in the Bible at face value (though I don't necessarily consider this 'rejecting the Bible'), but my faith in Christ and the salvation he offers is formidable. Perhaps you don't think I have a right to 'pick and choose' what I like. But if you don't mind, I think I'll reserve the right to define my own beliefs rather than allow you to define them for me.

Bottom line, the atheist's hour has come and gone. It's your miserable, cosmically misguided and tragically short-sighted gang that's going out of business.

#28     Oct 6, 2006
  9. i dont begrudge you your imaginary security blanket if you need it as long as you do it while following verse matt:6.6.

#29     Oct 6, 2006
  10. You don't? Well you certainly did a good impression of one who does. If that is your only beef with Christians, that they 'shut their doors', why the prattle about evolution (or the pope or whatever)?

#30     Oct 6, 2006