Evan Bayh is Obama's VP

Discussion in 'Politics' started by toc, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Tim Kaine would be suicide for Obama. Of course, Obama isn't going to win no matter who he chooses to run with but Kaine will alienate at least 20% of Democrat voters: that's how many people feel 'very strongly' about pro-choice policies.

I have voted for one Republican in my life (G. Ford) and, although I won't vote for McCain, I will not vote at all if Kaine (Or any anti-choice candidate) is running with Obama.

Democrats have been back-pedeling on the issues of choice, fighting poverty, and stopping the military-industrial complex for so long now that it is hard to determine what we represent. Until we stop 'playing politics' and stand for what is right we will never recapture power. Better to have firm morals and lose than to simply become Republican-lite.

#31     Aug 22, 2008
  2. Good G_D, Pabst. Could you make more asinine statements if you actually tried?

The difference between McCain and Obama, or the Democrats and Republicans, is far, far smaller than the difference between anyone other than the truly brainwashed, naive sheeple could possibly imagine on their most creative day.

You are the official drama queen now.

I should tell you that if you write in anyone other than Ron Paul, you are a traitor and should be summarily executed. But you obviously don't understand the concept of a democracy (even if a tepid one).

#32     Aug 22, 2008
  3. ak15

ak15

How about electing an individual who said in an interview to politico on Wednesday that he was uncertain how many houses he and his wife, Cindy, own? "I think — I'll have my staff get to you," McCain told Politico in Las Cruces, N.M. "It's condominiums where — I'll have them get to you."

#33     Aug 22, 2008
  4. sho-tim

sho-tim

Being a resident of Indiana, I'm not at all pleased about the prospect of our great state having a greater association with the Obama campaign. Not At All.

#34     Aug 22, 2008
  5. I didn't say vote for McCain. I said don't vote for Obama. Obviously the best chance to stop Obama is a vote “for” McCain. And yes, of course the diff between the 2 parties on Mideast policy is nil.

One out of five Democrats in the Senate are Jewish. 17 of the 25 largest individual contributers on FEC filings are Jewish and primarily Democratic donors. Those who think the Democrats aren't all about fighting for Israel are naive. I'm not at all anti-Israel but let's call a spade a spade. No pun intended.

On domestic policies the diff between parties is night and day. One party wants to fight a class warfare battle on behalf of minority soon to be majority blacks and browns. They're aided in that fight by liberal whites like educators who EQUALLY drink from the public trough.

Working whites-those who are trying to put away a small nest egg, those who're trying to raise kids removed from gangs and drugs-it is us who're enemies of the Democrats. Taxation is a civil rights issue. At what point is taxation merely the Marxist confiscation of wages? Between Federal, state, excise, sales and property taxes many of us are paying 6 months or more of annual wages to live in the United States. To suggest that we are not already paying our "fair share" is so Communistic that IMO politicians who use the phrase should be put to sleep in the name of liberty.

For anyone to ponder whether Tom Paine, Ben Franklin, Paul Revere, Sam Adams or Thomas Jefferson would vote for the policies of Nancy Pelosi and Barrack Obama is ludicrous. They gave us the 2nd amendment for a reason. We're about 5-10 years away from needing those rights for reasons less benign than hunting or individual security.

#35     Aug 22, 2008
  6. I'm as economically conservative as you, and I hate big government probably more so.

I'm giving you my opinion that the GOP is as bad as the Democratic Party, in nearly every aspect of intrusions into Americans' lives, if not more so.

I could start with the PATRIOT Act, and how it evolved from an alleged terrorism-fighting tool (who'd be against that, right?) into an unstoppable, mutating, gestapo-like, all purpose tool for the government to trace and track all of your activities, financial and otherwise, without having to show any semblance of rational cause, but then I'd have to list 100 or more other GOP failures (in concert with their Democratic 'rivals'), but then I'd have to get all worked up, my blood pressure would scream out of control, and I'd just get pissed off...

So, the basic assertion remains: The GOP is a party of grand illusions, claiming conservative credentials, and imposing big brother style government like few other regimes we've witnessed on these American lands. But you claim or insinuate otherwise.

There's not any air space between the two parties. They are all the same, varying only slightly at the frayed edges, to allow for soundbites.

Supporting the GOP or its candidates while clinging to a truly conservative philosophy is truly one of life's great modern ironies.

#36     Aug 22, 2008
  7. #37     Aug 22, 2008
  8. toc

toc

KMBC's Micheal Mahoney reports a company in Kansas City, which specializes in political literature, has been printing Obama-Bayh material... MORE... Gill Studios, would not confirm information about the material. They would not deny it either. At least three sources close to the plant's operations reported the Obama-Bayh material was being produced...

#38     Aug 22, 2008
  9. Hey...that's Obama's job!

#39     Aug 22, 2008
  10. Drudge just posted identity of VP

• rc.jpg
      File size:
      179.7 KB
      Views:
    #40     Aug 22, 2008