Evaluation of Broker firms ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by domineaux, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Is there a site that actually has done a competent broker ratings and reviews?

I read reviews on this site about brokers, which are nice. They are just one persons opinion about a broker. The sad part is many are just venting.

Maybe a polls is available that I've not seen. Polls on most forums are restricted to one vote per user and the only way around it for voting more than once is to have multiple accounts.

One thing about day trading... everyone one wants to sell you something at exorbitant prices. It takes a real ferret to get to the heart of the matter about just about everything you inquire.

Don't get me wrong. I haven't thought too much about just how you'd go about rating a broker.

I would think there are some things that should be discussed if you trade at home or in the brokers office.

Some in office examples

When trading in an office what is the quality of computer hardware and support for keeping the servers online and working. Weather changes can often affect such things, as well as power backup equipment, etc.

If the system shuts down in the office is there a quick response way to close your open positions quickly. That is without having to call a broker by phone.

In home - LOL

I wouldn't try to trade the tick at home, even on a double throw down fast connection with a backup connection. Even with power backups I wouldn't.

I've been screwed so many times time with Remote trading I'd never even think about it. In fact, I'll go so far as to say this:

I'd rather trade in just about any broker's office environment, even if they didn't have all the whistles and bells I can setup at home.

:confused:

If there is a competent broker evaluation site I'd sure like to know about it.