evaluate this small trade - emini Dow

Discussion in 'Trading' started by buybig, Jan 24, 2008.

1. So you are buying after the market has fallen and selling after the market has risen? Dude, you have no idea how far ahead of the curve you are. This is great stuff. If you keep this up you are going to get your clock cleaned but it's a necessary part of the learning curve. Manage risk, use stops. You are onto to good stuff with this...imo....

Good Luck!!

#11     Jan 24, 2008
  2. Snugglepuppy, be very careful fading the market during the last hour of the day. You saw what happened yesterday. That kind of a run happens frequently so be careful during that time. The best fade setups tend to occur at 30 min intervals right after the opening bell up to 11am ET. After than we tend to consolidate then go on a run shortly after lunch, which can usually be faded, or you might even want to try and catch that run.

Anything can happen. No two days are exactly alike. Buy fear, sell greed and if you ever see a move that goes 3.5 sigma like today try not to wet yourself with excitement :D

#12     Jan 24, 2008
  3. buybig

buybig

duly noted.. thx

is that what im doing. catching a fade?

i was looking @ support resistance levels 3-5 days back after the market settled down.

i agree. im staying away form teh open and the close

you peaked my interest w/ the sigma peak.. a form of std dev?

thx:)

#13     Jan 24, 2008
  4. buybig

buybig

I agree... the second was gambling..

i was looking for volume spikes to siginal reversals..

thats why i got out pretty quickly..

any ideas on a setup that works?

stochastic crosses arnt for me

thx for the input:)

#14     Jan 24, 2008
  5. I think you have a good starting point using price and volume. I'm also on TOS and do trade the YM. I don't trade reversals though. My setup uses price and volume as well but is more with trend momentum.

#15     Jan 24, 2008
  6. Based on my experience, the best fut's triggers occur when the masses have either sold or bought. If you study this market for a while you can just "feel" the panic and excitement going into a move. I know how to spot it because I've been on the wrong end of a move like that. I know how it feels so when I see it I can feel it. Many times this will show up in the volume pattern but not always. The more experienced you become the easier it is to spot it. Buy parabolic moves down, sell parabolic moves up.

Yes, 3.5 sigma is a std dev. The market seldom goes over 3.0 sigma (non-news driven) so when it does I buy or sell it hard.

Throw a 5ma on a 5-min chart and watch for large moves away from that MA. The farther the move away the higher the probability of that fade. In this climate these moves happen frequently.

#16     Jan 24, 2008
  7. buybig

buybig

understood,

you dont just walk into a trade w/o thought. lookin for a set up..

#17     Jan 24, 2008