Evacuated Tube Transport- backbone of a new economy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by DT-waw, Aug 6, 2010.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

2. Bob111

Bob111

now-all you have to do is convince DC,oil lobby,auto lobby,transportation unions that this is good for the country

3. LOL, that's what I want to do, crash into the capsule in front of me at 4000 mph inside an airless tube... Is this the way to control population growth? :D

4. EON Kid

EON Kid

what about the view, no windows for 2000 miles :eek:

5. this is nonsense

6. EON Kid

EON Kid

If you fart in the capsule will emergency air masks drop from the ceiling :eek: :confused: :eek:

7. olias

olias

Thanks for introducing me to this. I'm very intrigued. Obviously there are a lot of hurdles, but how could you not be excited by the potential? I am going to take a much closer look at this.

8. EON Kid

EON Kid

show me the prototype

One of the most helpful things that anybody can learn is to give up trying to catch the last eighth–or the first. These two are the most expensive eighths in the world. They have cost stock traders in the aggregate, enough millions of dollars to build a concrete highway across the continent.

- Jesse Livermore

9. I'm sure 100 years ago people said that about airplanes. 100 years ago, most people in the world had never traveled faster than how fast a horse can run, so getting in a plane(or a "metal tube with wings") that could go 300-500 mph must have sounded very dangerous.

I'm sure if this thing takes effect, you are more likely to die in your car going 55 mph than in this tube going 4,000 mph.

10. pspr

pspr

Claustraphobia city. No thanks.

#10     Aug 6, 2010