Euthanasia

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bobcathy1, Mar 10, 2003.

1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Do you think that we should have the right to self deliverance?
    Suicide is not legal in most of the states.
    Do you agree with doctor assisted suicide?
    What do you think and why?

2. I am TOTALLY, 100% in favor of this being legal. If we know our pet is dying, we don't have to make them suffer until their body physically dies. If you know you are dying, you don't think there is much you can do about it, you should be able to make this choice.

Nobody should be able to tell you what you have to do with your life. Why should someone else be able to make you live if you don't want to? Why should someone else determine this and not you? I'm in favor of it, with MAYBE some restrictions. For example, if you just had a bad day at work and want to die, you can commit suicide by your own doing if you choose. However, if you go to a suicide doctor and tell them that's your reason, they probably won't do it.

Perhaps if you request doctor assisted suicide, you should be required to meet with psychiatrists a few times over some time period. The final decision will be yours, but at least you took some time to think about it.

3. i KNOW I have this right

(right? it is only a capacity actually)

who is gonna stop me??

you? hahahahha!

god? hahahahaha!

the govt? hahahaha!

mr po leece man? hahahaha!

*I* decide my fate.

:-|

4. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Is Dr. Kevorkian still in jail?

Ok, I will start this. Yes I agree with it. But it needs to have a LOT of thought behind it, not one day "gee this looks like a good day to die", more like an old age and illness related thing.

I notice murder is a lot easier to talk about than suicide. Killing people has dominated this board. Let's make war and go kill the bastards. But suicide is very different.

5. I voted Yes...

6. Another good question would be, would you do it? Even if you think it should be legal, if you get some terminal illness, would you wait until it kills you or would you end your life before that?

Right now I think I would do it, instead of having everyone around me watch me die. However, it's definitely something easier said than done. One of the reasons I think I would do it is because I would want people to remember me for who I was when I was healthy; not as someone who could barely move or talk, etc.

:confused:

7. Gordon when you are DEAD you won't care what THEY think of you.

You won't "ANYTHING" for that matter...

Can you imagine total

NOTHINGNESS!

(depressing) :-|

8. LongShot, you should know I agree with you on death. I think we got into this somewhat in the religion debates.

While I agree that after I'm dead, I won't be able to care what people thought of me. I CAN still make choices while I'm alive which will influence how people will think of me when I'm dead.

BTW, yes, I can imagine total nothingness. We all can. Just think of what your existence was like 1,000,000 years ago. That is all you have to do. That is why we all already know what death is like. It's just nothing. :-(

I predict the religious people will be here any minute... :-/

9. :-/

10. FRuiTY says, Yes. Therefore, the correct answer is Yes.

FRuiTY P.

#10     Mar 10, 2003