Eurozone agreement - but wheres the volume ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by billpritjr, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Ok, so we have partial agreement on fiscal policy from the Eurozone. Sure, the markets are "up", but where is the volume ?

I am not seeing it.....

:confused:

2. 1) You may get what you're expecting Sunday evening. :cool:
    2) The Holiday Trading Doldrums may be here already. :eek: :( :mad: :confused:

3. jj_

jj_

Have to say, I'm expecting this to reverse Sunday/Monday.
    Maybe they'll pop it Sunday night to take out a few more shorts / suck in a few more longs.
    ES needs to see 1225 in normal market hours IMO.
    Having said that the Dow has been stuck in a 200 pt range for 7 or 8 days now. If that cracks (to the upside) we could be off to the races.

4. there was no volume today, that's how the market could go up so thoroughly making me lose a weeks worth of profits

last time there was volume (yesterday) markets plunged

whoever made serious money in the last 2 months with all the huge gaps and V turns must be really good

5. jj_

jj_

I was caught offside today also. I was short and positioned to close and reverse long somewhere in the 1230s. Unfortunately for me it never got there.
    I'm holding short over the weekend because I expect a reversal but will fold if we see a close (maybe even just a trade) over Thursday's' high. That, I think, would be a big signal to get long for 1300+, maybe a run at the recent highs, whatever they were....

You never know with this market what it wants to do; the odds suggest to me consolidation and backfill, if only down to 1225, but what I want and what the market gives.......