European Market Correlation with S&P

Discussion in 'Trading' started by waggie945, May 18, 2004.

1. MR.NBBO

MR.NBBO

Absolutely agreed,

Their entire data set of correlation numbers for all indices looks suspect. I get 80% correlation as well. An easy quick check is a SP500 chart against any of these indices.....and you'll see a very high postively correlated chart. Then run the data yourself. I don't know what they think they're doing.

When the correlations are this far off of actual, it's not hard to see that they are wrong.

Good call zentrader.

#11     May 18, 2004
  2. MR.NBBO

MR.NBBO

I'm afraid Trend Fader is indeed correct about "80% correlation in most cases"---I'd agree that this is a good generalization.

#12     May 18, 2004
  3. Thanks guys... I stand by all the statements I make here on ET.. eventhough I have only 2.5 years of professional experience.. as opposed to Waggies 20+ years. Makes u wonder the value of experience for different people.

Waggie nice try. But u strike out again.

Boy I am sure u feel silly... u start a whole new thread to bash me and make me look like a dumbass and at the end u get egg all over your face. Reminds me of this thread u started a while ago...
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...=31883&perpage=6&highlight=idiot&pagenumber=1

--MIKE

#13     May 18, 2004
  4. Be careful Mike! You don't want to incite waggie's wrath. All he has to do is pick up his bat-phone and push the red button and Baron picks up. He will then whine to Baron how you should be expelled from ET.

Just remember this: no matter how right you are, you're always wrong when it comes to waggie. The markets going up forever according to him, and that's the last word on the subject.

#14     May 18, 2004
  5. Waggie I would love to hear your response to the data you posted in this thread.

This thread is the official dumbass thread of the year award.

--MIKE

#15     May 18, 2004
  6. MIke, don't hold your breath. waggie's a legend in his own mind, and is incapable of accepting losing or acknowledging mistakes. Hence, his very abrasive attitude on ET and in life.

#16     May 19, 2004
  7. Waggie.. I am still waiting for your response.

#17     May 19, 2004
  8. TF--if you're looking for waggie today, he's hiding out in this thread:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=32715

rather than admitting his mistake, he hides, and look at the important market topic he's discussing today.

#18     May 19, 2004
  9. So many aliases, and so little time!

I find it almost comical how two other members of ET come to the rescue to defend poor old Trend Fader, and do so once again without posting any sort of statistical evidence whatsoever, no weblinks, zero.

As I said in a previous post, I guess you would all believe that the Bank of England stats are wrong. Go figure.

As for not replying any sooner to your postings, I actually trade for a living as opposed to some of you that think that you are traders with your $3,000 Ameritrade accounts. But hey, where else would we be if it wasn't for Trend Fader posting Yahoo News Accounts of strange smells on the Chicago Merc.

But hey, I guess Dr. Trader's mother was in the visitors gallery at the Merc today . . .

:D

#19     May 19, 2004

10. Dr. Trader is on my ignore list.

Waggie are u calling Mr NBBO and Zentrader as frauds and bogus aliases?

Thats a really dangerous statement to make. Instead of taking bullshit data that is not accurate.. why dont u do the correlation stats by yourself.

It comes out to 80%. and u are totally wrong.

--MIKE

#20     May 19, 2004