European electronic contracts?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Shraga18, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

I agree...similar to the ER2

#11     Jun 22, 2006
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

I experience no issues with fills on Eurex (I never trade news). I trade small size though, but I do not think it should matter.

I originally started with DAX, but it is more volatile that DJ Euro Stoxx and less liquid. Euro Stoxx is about 1 mil contracts a day. I trade very short term, so it is a good instrument for me.

I read on few threads that Bund is one of the hardest contracts to trade. Not sure why though. Does anyone have any insights?

redduke

#12     Jun 22, 2006
  3. Did anybody manage to find nightly T&S data directly from EUREX comparable to CME or CBOT?

#13     Jun 27, 2006
  4. Simex

Simex

I presently pay these commisisons, round trip short term day-trading:

STOXX 8 Euro
    FTSE 6 Pounds
    Bund 8 Euro

and because I'm still learning the ropes, I put through 200-500 contracts a week. Later will increase this to >1000

What type of comms should I seek from my broker?

Thanks.

#14     Jul 1, 2006
  5. RedDuke

RedDuke

Hi Symex,

You are paying too much for STOXX. Velocity offeres 4.5 EUR with free X-TRADER, or 2.5 EUR, but then you need to pay for X-Trader $500 per month. Other companies comm is about $5 per round trip.

Regards,
    redduke

#15     Jul 1, 2006
  6. esmjb

esmjb

you guys are both paying retail rates. u set up an account with a clearing firm and can get dramatically cheaper, volume dependent of course. get yourself up to 1000-2000 roundturns a day and you'll be looking at .80 euro per roundturn. trade more than that and get still cheaper but that is pretty close to rockbottom.

#16     Jul 1, 2006
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

True, but that's future. For now, I pay retail rates cause I do not trade large volume yet.

#17     Jul 1, 2006
  8. ids

ids