Europe is imploding.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Grandluxe, Nov 1, 2011.

1. southall

southall

[​IMG]

#11     Nov 1, 2011
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

you're wrong on where I was born, or where I live. I'm an American, just as you. I just believe in giving people the credit when they produce something. The OP of yours gave the impression you came up with that witty remark, when in actuality, you copied it word for word.

#12     Nov 1, 2011
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

if they don't, and they use a student (or someone else's) comments in their published papers, I'm pretty sure they can be sued.

#13     Nov 1, 2011
  4. #14     Nov 1, 2011
  5. #15     Nov 1, 2011
  6. bespoke

bespoke

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

#16     Nov 1, 2011
  7. piezoe

piezoe

Grandluxe, Tsing Tao took you to task for quoting without attribution. This is plagiarism! And it is even more important in a public forum than in an academic one. And in my mind, and many others I might add, this is a serious transgression, at minimum. It is a simple matter of integrity. Integrity, once lost, is very hard, if not impossible, to regain.

#17     Nov 1, 2011
  8. piezoe

piezoe

They can't quote their student's writing, or any one else's, directly without attribution. Academicians can be fired for this, even if tenured.

Professor's sometimes ask if they can retain copies of a student's work, mainly because there are occasions when a professor is asked to produce examples of student work. They may retain copies of either especially good or especially bad work for different, but legitimate, reasons.

#18     Nov 1, 2011
  9. byteme

byteme

#19     Nov 1, 2011
  10. sme

sme

+1

#20     Nov 1, 2011