Eurodollar Spreads/ Eurodollar

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by fandyur, Mar 19, 2007.

1. fandyur,

I'm spending some time with this, but I'm not sure how you're creating the "netlg" column. I've updated the spreadsheet for 3/20 except for that.

You may be interpreting the divergences too literally. Perhaps it's a strong signal of a trend change, and you should look for confirmation on the daily/weekly chart.

The final "divergence NG" you marked is actually consistent with my views of where the ED should head. So, I'm liking it. :)

#11     Mar 26, 2007
  2. fandyur

fandyur

FA said:
    "I'm spending some time with this, but I'm not sure how you're creating the "netlg" column. I've updated the spreadsheet for 3/20 except for that.

You may be interpreting the divergences too literally. Perhaps it's a strong signal of a trend change, and you should look for confirmation on the daily/weekly chart.

The final "divergence NG" you marked is actually consistent with my views of where the ED should head. So, I'm liking it. :)"
    FA:
    netlg: On the weekly COT report I take the large speculators long positions and subtract the large speculators short positions.

Remember 3/20/2007 has to show sept 2007 as the front and sept 2008 as the back.

Yes, I am taking the divergences literally.
    The final divergence NG, should have brought sept 2008 down quicker than whats happening, so I labelled it NO Good.
    Glad to hear you're looking into it.

#12     Mar 28, 2007
  3. I really like M7-M8 here. I already have mid-curve puts on M8, otherwise I'd be in this one. :)

#13     Apr 3, 2007
  4. garbo

garbo

Question: Is that long June 2007 and short June 2008 or vice versa?

Sorry, I am confused by the terminology a bit still. Thanks for the CME PDF file.

#14     Apr 3, 2007
  5. Yeah, long June '07, short June '08.

June '07 is starting to price in a raise in interest rates, whereas June '08 is pricing in a 50bp lowering in rates.

I personally believe in the raise & inflation case more than the lower & recession case. As a result, I think June '08 is going to move down pretty big. June '07 will give me a reasonable amount of protection if I'm wrong before then.

#15     Apr 3, 2007
  6. Good Thread.

Is there a website where I can see price charts of ED's and ED Spreads?

Thanks,
    Supermoney

#16     Apr 4, 2007
  7. #17     Apr 4, 2007
  8. fandyur

fandyur

Just curious.
    Anybody looking into the chart I posted last month ?

#18     Apr 25, 2007
  9. Here's a question: are there any markets where I can trade similar to eurodollar spreads that are keyed to eurozone interest rates?

#19     May 16, 2007
  10. I'm not sure what that would be. You're looking for bank deposits of Euros held in non EU countries?

Otherwise, the Euro Bund would seem the closest.
    http://www.econstats.com/fut/xeurfi_ea2.htm

#20     May 16, 2007