Euro

Discussion in 'Trading' started by J-S, Oct 19, 2002.

1. J-S

J-S

Hi I wonder whether anyone can help me out? What's the difference between EuroDollar and Euro Currency?

thanks in advance

J-S

2. Euro is the new European currency that was introduced in Jan 1, 1999. Eurodollar is a certificate of deposit in US dollars held outside of the USA, mostly in London banks.

3. I think I've heard the financial media confuse the two.

4. J-S

J-S

My broker is quoting Eurodollar (int RATE) for Dec 2002, Sep 2003, Jun 2003 and March 2003. Am I looking at the right market for EuroDollar? The quotes are around 97.95.

I'll be position trading & wonder if this is the right market - which month & year I should be looking at?

Many thanks

J-S

5. J-S

J-S

Does the term Euro Currency on its own imply that it is traded against US$ ?

Thanks

J-S

6. wild

wild

the term Euro Currency implies the fact that it is the currency of the European Union like the Mexican Peso is Mexico´s currency & the US Dollar that of the United States of America ... and so on

7. J-S

J-S

That's what I thought. I've been looking at Dunns portfolio weighting & listed there as one of the Futures markets traded it simply says Euro Currency. It's the same with the following - Jap yen, Swiss Franc etc
    Is this short hand for saying against dollar, or are they likely to be trading them across a broad basket of markets?
    I'd ask them myself, but don't have the privaledge of their contact details!
    Thanks
    J-S

8. EuroFX is a currency product. ED is an interest product.

9. wild

wild

10. wild

wild

#10     Oct 21, 2002