Euro worth less than the dollar in 2 years?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Aug 20, 2008.

1. All these funds from all over the world are sending billions of dollars to help out struggling banks (like Citi and such) so now that U.K. and some of the other european countries are slowly starting their downward spiral, is there any money left to bailout those banks? Seems like its all tied up now in our american banks so alot of european banks are going to go under as all the big funds have already put cash into our banks. As the worst is getting closer to being behind us, and its just starting for europe, isnt it a logical assumption that as our dollar gets stronger against the rest of the world, theirs is only going to get weaker. Coupled by the fact that the euro is still so new, that banks are going to panic when seeing the devaluation of the euro, they will all start trading in their euros for the good ol' greenback again?

I've been to europe, and i gotta say, everything seems overpriced there. 9-10 dollar gas, 3 bucks for a bottle of coke, Heck its almost 40 bucks per night to stay in a 10 bed hostel. (and thats the cheap ones!)

Anyway, this is just my opinion...could be right, could be wrong...

2. It would be great to see the Euro cut in half within two years. I'm planning an extended vacation around that time.

3. .

peilthetraveler: I've been to europe, and i gotta say, everything seems overpriced there. 9-10 dollar gas, 3 bucks for a bottle of coke, Heck its almost 40 bucks per night to stay in a 10 bed hostel. (and thats the cheap ones!)

August 20, 2008

SouthAmerica: I guess you have not considered the other possibility – the problem is not that everything is becoming overpriced in Europe the real problem is that the US dollar is becoming a worthless currency.

As the economies of other countries around the world are growing faster than the US economy – in total terms the US economy is becoming a smaller piece of the total pie – that also would affect the value of the US currency in world markets.

The Chinese is already holding US$ 1.5 trillion dollars in confetti, the countries of the Middle East also are holding a lot of confetti.

All these people are slowly waking up and they are looking for alternatives to holding even more US dollars.

And don’t forget the US economy is slowly imploding and we have the Perfect Storm just ahead.

I wonder were the demand for Confetti is going to come from for the US dollar to gain so much against the euro in the next 2 years?

4. bkveen3

bkveen3

idiot

5. Count on South America to bring the doom & gloom. If he had his way, im sure global warming would've set up all the US dollars on fire and as the bills were flying around on fire, they would fly past oil refineries causing them to explode, pushing the price of oil to 1000 dollars per barrel and causing world economies to collapse, but lucky for south america, all his money is tied up in the brazilian real, the only currency to survive and not to mention they would have found the largest oil deposit in the world in brazil and the government there would give every brazilian citizen free gas (92 octane, not that cheap 87 octane stuff) and a free car to help use that gas. Isnt that right Southy?

6. .

SouthAmerica: No.

The price of oil does not affect the Brazilian economy as it does the US economy - and most Brazilians use ethanol as a fuel for their cars instead of gasoline.

Americans are the ones who are transferring a big chunk of their country's wealth to the Gulf States of the Middle East - Brazilians learned their lesson in the 1970's and they are smarter than that.

7. I don't get it, why are you bitching everyday. If you not happy in the USA, why not move.

8. Because deep down he knows that trading life here to live in a third world country isn't exactly a good idea. But you'll never hear him admit that.