Euro/usd

Discussion in 'Forex' started by riskymove, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Interesting blog - read some of the stuff. Same thing I have been saying/trading for a while myself, but who is he? I have never heard of him before and am curious becuase when I clicked on link to find out something about him/her nothing came up.

Thanks for the info.

#11     Aug 7, 2008
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Yea, that was a close one. Euro gapped down hard after 1.5300 broke.... fun stuff.

#12     Aug 7, 2008
  3. I called the fall of the EUR/USD a few hours before the fall on ivans thread. You have got to be crazy going long even for short amounts of time when you look at the daily trend over the last week and a half.

#13     Aug 8, 2008
  4. I got hammered out on that last support of 5300 trying to buy a bounce or small correction on that pair. My best guess of what is happening is the big money players are unwinding their short positions on the dollar and buying the dollar. I know oil has dropped over the last week or so. But this drop here lately is just the big boys taking out the retail traders that was 69% short or more on the dollar.

#14     Aug 8, 2008
  5. bkveen3

bkveen3

You guys think this tanks oil tomorrow?

#15     Aug 8, 2008
  6. Anyone here long UUP?

Yesterday it was up with over three times the average 3-month volume.

#16     Aug 8, 2008
  7. I bought UUP about three weeks or so ago in the low 22s but I have to say move not really that impressive imo for the etf. I guess I was just used to trading the currency futures contract and am not getting the 'umph' factor in the etf like I do the futures.

But trade looking better so I am still holding the long position.

#17     Aug 8, 2008
  8. Maybe it has something to do with reports of a Russian military invasion of Georgia.

#18     Aug 8, 2008
  9. or the begining of the olympics in china:D

#19     Aug 8, 2008