Euro Stoxx 50

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by KGB, Aug 12, 2003.

1. KGB

KGB

I'm thinking about trading the Stoxx 50, because I think the volitility/commision rate is better than the Mini Dow. The problem I'm having is determining which charting system is the most economical, and which firm will offer the cheapest rates. I really only need the basic charts, nothing really fancy. I seem to be reading so many mixed opinions on the these pages. Please Help Someone Knowlegable.

2. I use serria charts @ 42.00$ 6/months +IB- 8 euros a month

sulong

3. Hydrogen

Hydrogen

Hey: its a great market to trade. I have just started to trade this during US central time hours. Commisions are rock bottom. I love it. Check this link out for more info.
    http://eurostoxx50.co.uk/

4. IB is great for the commissions.

Sierra is great for charting.

However, I don't think that you can get any historical data from Sierra charts.

Also, there is a cancellation fee on the Eurex.

ESTX is a great future to trade. Not too fast, not too slow and makes some 'perty chart patterns.

You can watch it with the DAX, FTSE100 and CAC40 for confirmation/divergence.

Good luck.

5. KGB

KGB

Thanks for the info, Seirra Charts and IB, is where I'll start my search. How rock bottom are the commissions. How can Seirra Charts be $42 for 6 months. CQG is like 500 a month. Sounds too good to be true. About the cancelation fee: Say I;m 2568 bid for 2 and I cancel my bid they charge me for this?

Thanks Much.

"Capital Markets Can Create True Freedom"

6. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

Sierra Charts uses the data provided by IB, while CQG offers its own datastream and offers backfills (3 month of intraday data).

Do not worry too much about the cancel fee: you'll be credited 2,50€ for each half-turn you make. The fees are due end-of-day: when your balance is negative, you have to pay, when it is positive, it is dropped: no carry over into the next day.

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

7. Bell

Bell

Hello traders,

I am currently looking for vendor to buy 3-5 years of intraday data history for ESTX, DAX furures. Could you recommend something please?

8. KGB

KGB

No Idea Bell

Hey Guys my clearing firm says theres a 30 cent fee through Eurex or some german bank, and 35 cents through them. This per side, so I'm looking at $1.30 a round turn. Is that comparable with what your paying through IB. Its a little less than what I'm paying for Mini Dow.

KGB

9. That is a good rate, and comparable to what the big futures firms are offering, to my knowledge.