Euro Panic around the Corner....

Discussion in 'Economics' started by achilles28, Jun 14, 2012.

1. achilles28

achilles28

My fault I used "euro" in the title. I meant eurozone or european. Capital controls are an act of desperation and none of these half measures plug the dam. Spain will be back in 2 months, and Italian bonds are over 6%. Spain could see capital controls by the end of the year.

#21     Jun 15, 2012
  2. The original post looks like an advertisement

#22     Jun 15, 2012
  3. achilles28

achilles28

Not sure what that means

#23     Jun 15, 2012
  4. I think nothing will happen at all, in a sense that there will be a pat again and parties start talking. Greeks are way too smart to give Northern Europe (aka Germany) a reason to stop the money showers. Most Greeks want to stay in the Euro (translation: They want all the subsidies and freebies) and I expect they will form some sort of coalition and beg everyone to make a few concessions to the bailout terms, which Germany, France, and Co will of course give into (in moderation) so everyone looks good and nobody loses face. Then we will have 2-3 months of relative calm during which time European politicians will of course do NOTHING WHATSOEVER, and then we will see the next stress again in Spain and expanding to Italy as well. Thats how I see how it will play out.

#24     Jun 15, 2012
  5. Froglet

Froglet

What is money?

#25     Jun 15, 2012
  6. Yes they will put a happy face on this so they can all go to the beach in August. In Spain and Greece as well as the Riviera. I mean, of course.
    They may be foolish, but they're not crazy.

#26     Jun 15, 2012
  7. If they vote to the Right then ES will be up 55-60. If not, down 22.

#27     Jun 16, 2012

8. I forget where I read it, some place did an experiment and tried to introduce the concept of money with tokens to monkeys. The monkeys started catching on quickly because they started exchanging the tokens for bananas and sexual favors. haha\

What is money? Seashells by the seashore? Lets ask our friends in Zimbabwe or Argentina what money is

"Not long after, the first prostitute monkey appeared"

http://www.zmescience.com/research/...g-after-the-first-prostitute-monkey-appeared/

#28     Jun 16, 2012
  9. Jai

Jai

10. achilles28

achilles28

#30     Jun 17, 2012