Euro/light Crude Oil: Questions !!!

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Aranha, May 2, 2003.

1. Aranha

Aranha

How much slippage should I consider when paper trading EURO (FUTURE) and LIGHT CRUDE OIL?

also, is there any place where I can find a MARKET IN DEPTH / LEVEL 2 like...quotation for the LIGHT CRUDE OIL? For free or demo/trial....

Regards

Raphael

2. i.e. f**d up trades. Unless you have you own pit broker on salary...
    Most reasonable systems figure $50 just to be safe as slippage
    NOTE commission is $5-$10 for most systems. :)

3. Normally both these markets trade pretty tight but you can catch the occasional air shaft, particularly in crude. The emini crude can have big spreads at times. I would think $50/contract would be more than enough for slippage. Probably in practice it's going to be more like $10-25 per side.

4. Aranha

Aranha

DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY IDEA OF HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET YOUR ORDER DONE? IN BOTH MARKETS...

i MEAN, FROM THE MOMENT YOU PRESS THE BUTTON OU SHOT (PIT), HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?

REGARDS

RAPHAEL

5. JayS

JayS

Euro trades side by side at the CME (electronic & pit). You can trade it on globex just like the e-mini's. Usually a 2-3 pip spread but then again you can always post your own bid/offer. So basically its split second fills just like the e-mini's for marketable orders.

6. I don't know much about these currency products but is it feasible to arbitrage the Globex EuroFX versus the pit traded contract? Has anybody done such a thing?