Euro FX Futures

Discussion in 'Forex' started by GoodTrades, Feb 8, 2004.

1. If you are looking to just trade the Euro, look at the Euro FX futures on the CME when the market is active there is normally a 1 Tick spread when its slow it's 2 or 3 ticks. The real advantage over spot FX dealers is that you can post bids and offers.

2. Yeah, but Globex opens more than 3 hours after the FX market on Sundays.

3. disadvantage

plus the other one is that

some fx spot brokers claim they can guarantee

stops .... I still have not figured that one out :p

4. you have weigh the +'s and -'s

-'s:

Give up 3 hours on sundays

stop not guaranteed

+'s:
    a 4 pip spread in and out is $50 a r/t, so really it's not commission free trading, it's really high commissions. Basically you have to make 4 pips to break even. It costs $50 to scratch a trade. commissions on CME FX futures <$5 rt

This is just my opinion.

Please add more feedback.

5. How about execution speed?...particularly during active times. I am done w/ the FX broker requote scam... I want a fill at the quoted price. :mad:

6. is slightly different

10$ USD a pip as opposed to $12.50 USD EURO FX futures

I prefer futures ... might one day try to open up a few small accts

at the top spot retail dealers just in case I could see an edge

of 1-2 pips over the others and the futures are ripping :p

7. etherboy

etherboy

Can someone explain why CME EuroFX trade size is a lot less than bid and ask size? I usually see trade size less than 2 when bid & ask size usually greater than 20,50 or even 100? I'm using IB.

8. Cutten

Cutten

The bigger bids and offers are arbitraging the cash market, so they can afford to do size. However they are always a tick or two away from the mid price. In between the big arb orders you get the smaller speculative or hedging orders, which offer a better price, so these are what trade.

9. kempo

kempo

What do you mean by stop not guaranteed? And just to be clear, you are referring to the CME product?

Thanks,
    kempo