Euro Currency Futures 2006

Discussion in 'Forex' started by downrivertrader, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

your chart may have different parameters on the MACD than the standard 12 26 9 , but certainly on the chart you showed , there is a bearish divergence on stochastics although maybe not triple

#51     Jan 27, 2006
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

In addition , if you go back to the last big down move, there is a Class B stochastic bearish divergence and a Class A MACD Histogram divergence that one could traded. Best Regards--

#52     Jan 27, 2006
  3. spersky

spersky

You are correct.

Thanks

#53     Jan 27, 2006

4. the istograms in your chart represents the 9MA of your red line, which is the macd itself. if you wanna see the divergences you have to look at the narrowing difference between the macd and the istograms. check this chart and you'll get it ...

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=$XEU,uu[w,a]daoayyay[db][pb34!b89!f][vc60][iUb14!La12,26,9]&pref=G

ciao;)

#54     Jan 27, 2006
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

no problem --I enjoyed talking with you and of course my way or view is not the only one and also not always right. The only thing that I am always right about though is that I really don't know for certain the next direction and I have admitted that to myself, but I like to use the higher probabilities. For me that's divergences, both bullish and bearish.

#55     Jan 27, 2006
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I'm not looking at your chart right now, but I think on it, there was a Class B stochastic bullish divergence near the beginning of this recent uptrend.

#56     Jan 27, 2006
  7. spersky

spersky

Yup I just figured that out myself. When I loaded my template for that chart I entered the regular MACD and not the Difference.

Now, I just tightend my stop to 1.2140 because my analysis was wrong and I don't have much faith anymore in the trade.

Regards,
    Steve

#57     Jan 27, 2006
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Bullish divergence on hourly charts did not materialize--what a ride

#58     Jan 27, 2006
  9. spersky

spersky

Stopped out at a loss of 17 pips on one contract. Not a bad lesson at all to get you facts right before you make a trade.

#59     Jan 27, 2006
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

That's really not a bad loss at all. I did the same thing roughly by trying to buy the dips a little bit. I felt ok with it, because if it went down I would gain in my short calls. Luckily , had enough short calls to offset the small losses and then some. A pretty good up day equity wise in this market!

#60     Jan 27, 2006