EURJPY a good short from 138.50?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by azmi, Aug 9, 2005.

1. azmi

azmi

was just looking at the eurjpy chart....now that all the mideast buying in the euro seems to have subsided...the charts showing serious signs of topping out..
    Who thinks is a hard short at 138.50?

2. I like the idea in theory - but it's just scary getting in front of this EUR rally (it's rallying on just about everything). Step in front of a truck before it stops and ...well, you know.

3. I think it's a hell of a trade.

Thanks for pointing it out! :D

I'm short at 138.61.

See ya at 133. :cool:

4. This is a trade on political developments in Japan. Koizumi has called for snap elections, likely to take place in the next several days.

Good trade - but be aware of the event risk.

5. event risks make the world go 'round, pal. :cool:

6. azmi

azmi

what a kick-ass entry...right at the top ...137.50 now

7. that was a KICK-ASS call you made, dude!

I'm a hundred+ pips in profit and lettin' er ride.... :D

8. azmi

azmi

Boys (and girls...) I have been thinking about this for a while. But how about we all start posting our thoughts on expected FX movements and trade off each other. I am sure there are alot of smart people on this forum....and several successful traders. I am always happy to hear trading ideas and strategies from other traders who are looking to make a few dollars here and there...(or trade for a living as I do).

9. Excellent call,

I almost pulled the trigger on a GBP/JPY short when it could not break 200.23 :(

At least my read was correct, I'll catch the next one . . .

10. well, it turns out I bailed with 100-pts profit @ 137.60 - didn't like how it kept stalling.

Then I watched it continue falling to 136.77 where I switched directions and took out a long.

Yeah, I know... I know... I guess I am used to giving this market a war... or getting one from it. I don't too much trust smooth-sailing.

Hopefully it will turn and do a nice little retracement now up 100-pts where I'l close it.

And... if it doesn't... then I get to battle. :D

I do feel there is some kick in the euro still that could propel EUR/JPY back up, at least 50 or so pts - will play it by ear and see what transpires. I'll take 50! :D

Saham :cool:

#10     Aug 10, 2005