Eurex Volumes Collapse

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by THE-BEAKER, Feb 2, 2012.

1. You are confusing market efficiency and liquidity.

The more efficient the market is the more difficult it is for a trader to make money.

If the market was 100% efficient no trader could make any money and liquidity would be near zero.

#21     Feb 7, 2012
  2. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

Eurex dark pool? You for real?

#22     Feb 8, 2012
  3. #23     Feb 9, 2012
  4. ok so if this in play and i believe it well and truly is.

what are the final endgame scenarios from this?

exchanges are effectively massively over valued.

#24     Feb 9, 2012
  5. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

Hopefully the endgame will mean the end of your negative posts? Then what will you do with yourself?

#25     Feb 9, 2012
  6. Basically you had no idea that there was a eurex dark pool,nor did I for that matter.

If the FT article link says there is one then we both learned something.

You've tried to be rude to the other guy (jonp) about the dark pool and mugged yourself off a bit.

Man up,accept you've made a cock up and get on with it instead of stroppy,bullshit,frankly ignorant posts.

You wouldn't behave that way in person, in the office,if you did you'd be told to fuck off ( and you would fuck off too) very quickly,so no need to do it here.

#26     Feb 9, 2012
  7. Could someone tell me what a dark pool really is?

Excuse my naivity.

ES

#27     Feb 9, 2012
  8. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

Hilarious. So you read the article then did you? The only thing I learnt is that you are of the same ilk as the other guy.

I will await the usual profanity that falls out of the mouths of the ignorant

#28     Feb 9, 2012
  9. It is an execution venue that doesn't display any quotes. Just execution.

#29     Feb 9, 2012
  10. Eight

Eight

Before HFT funds didn't beat indexes... Individuals, trading their own money, have great potential to beat fund managers. The incentive is great to trade smart and a group is less intelligent overall than it's most intelligent individual. Think of this scenario: You work for a HFT outfit. You have a moment of inspiration and you have the HG.. do you go to the next meeting and tell everybody about it or do you implement it in your own account and tell nobody what it is?

#30     Feb 9, 2012