Eurex Volume Plunged Again - Head of Eurex Bonds Gone

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by THE-BEAKER, Jan 6, 2009.

1. [

a round of applause for giving liquidity providing schemes to algo based companies.

clearly a fucking disaster. [/B][/QUOTE]

clearly the disregard for locals opinions/comments have fell on greedy deaf ears and have come back to bite them...................soon to be an EX-LOCAL(i hope liffe get hurt over this)

P.S. lets see how these algo's perform with no locals or paper..!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.P.S. remember the STERLING PIT half tick decision.............well done.....nigh night....................last one out turn off the lights.

#11     Jan 28, 2009

2. You cannot moan about the "Local/algo " issue, this is "old hat".I used to trade manually. however since 2006 I have tried to change to a automated stratedgy.

Evolve or die.Times change.

#12     Jan 29, 2009
  3. He can moan about whatever he wants,if you don't like it then fuck off elsewhere.

This thread is about eurex vol's dropping due to over algo participation,i'm unsure how you missed that.

If you want to talk about scalping bunds start your own thread!

#13     Jan 29, 2009
  4. Glenogy

Glenogy

here here

#14     Jan 29, 2009
  5. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

Nice one Eurex. I am all for encourging membership but giving the Algo's an extra incentive!?!?!

http://www.eurexchange.com/about/press/press_615_en.html

New incentive program lowers transaction and connection costs in the first year after admission

29 Jan 2009
    The international derivatives exchange Eurex announced today that it is to launch an enhanced incentive program to acquire new participants. The “Eurex Membership Incentive 2009” initiative is directed at all potential Eurex participants worldwide.

Michael Peters, member of the Eurex Executive Board, said, “With our extended incentive initiative, we are optimizing the terms of access and the trading conditions at Eurex for our new members.”

The new initiative is valid with retroactive effect for newly admitted customers as of 1 January 2009. It comprises several measures for the first year of membership in Eurex. As a general rule, the minimum transaction fee of EUR 9,000 per quarter is waived for each new participant. Moreover, depending on the extent of trading activities, transaction costs and also, for the first-time, connection costs will be waived; the savings potential per new participant ranges from EUR 27,000 to EUR 54,000 for the first year of membership. Participants can select from three different packages which are tailored to their trading activities and selected connection model.

Additionally, newly admitted participants with a focus on algorithmic trading will be reimbursed for the costs of the simulation environments for the Enhanced Broadcast Solution and Enhanced Transaction Solution high-speed interfaces for a period of up to six months. This enables these clients to modify their trading algorithms for the Eurex system early and to intensively test the interfaces.

The new initiative replaces the Global Connectivity Program. The global Eurex liquidity network was significantly expanded within the framework of this program, which ran in 2007 and 2008. 43 new participants, which traded almost 157 million contracts, were connected in 2008 alone.

#15     Jan 29, 2009
  6. To be honest guys we're clearly banging our head against a brick wall with this lot,they are obsessed with the algo trading always have been always will be.

But then they're shitty Germans,what did we really expect!

#16     Jan 29, 2009
  7. YEAH..................and who fucking won the war...!!!!!!!!!!!

Im topping myself next week so they are welcome to the shitty STERLING PIT........................BYE BYED

#17     Jan 29, 2009
  8. As previously stated on another thread i posted.A buddy of mine was talking to a Eurex Salesguy ( I think around autumm 2006), and even then it was blatantly obvious that Eurex is very much pro-Algo.The quote was "Black boxes are the future" if my memory serves me correct.With Eurex willing to take a drop off in volume short term with a view of much larger volume in 3-5 years ( 2010-2012) etc...

Oh, Anyone remember the late 1990's trading figures upon there release? money for old rope!.Looking back, was to good to be true!

#18     Jan 29, 2009
  9. -----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an old hat - WWII Panzer Commander's tin job. My grandfather wrestled it off some Fritz's bonce as he single-handedly took on some of Rommel's chaps (they all used to wear them apparently - leading many years later to the much used phrase "she's seen more helmet than Rommel" as used by double hard bastards when drinking, pulling birds and eating crisps).

I used to toss myself off manually but now I have a....er....machine to do it. It's called TT - incredible - couple of clicks of the mouse and there you go I've spunked it all!

I am most interested to hear about your "stratedgy" - is it like The Prodigy?

#19     Jan 30, 2009
  10. mate are you correcting everyones mistakes here?? you are a pussy mate...people who trade write quickly as they are bussy...

focus on markets mate and stop being so immature.....

or in spanish

colega deja de estar corrigiendo los errores de todos... ers una tia,,,, las personas que hacen trading escriben rapido ya que estan muy ocupadas

enfocate en el mercado y deja de ser tan inmaduro... mamaguevo!!

#20     Jan 30, 2009