Eurex Volume Plunged Again - Head of Eurex Bonds Gone

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by THE-BEAKER, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Management Change at Eurex Bonds and Eurex Repo
    Laurent Ortiz becomes new General Manager of Eurex Bonds and Eurex Repo/ General Manager Christian Klapproth decides to leave the company

http://www.eurexchange.com/about/press/press_611_en.html
    whatever way you read into this he must have been pushed out.

the figures speak for themselves.

down again.

eurex bonds dec 07 - 9.6 billion dec 08 4.9 billion.

DOWN MONTH ON MONTH 48.9 PERCENT

total eurex bonds exchange volume for 2007 145.6 billion - 2008 97.3 billion.

DOWN YEAR AGAINST YEAR 33.17 PER CENT.

these are shocking figures.

http://www.eurexchange.com/about/press/press_612_en.html

Liffe fared no better.

STIRS month on month down 29%.

STIRS year on year down 19%.

TOTAL EXCHANGE PRODUCTS down month on month 19%.

TOTAL EXCHANGE PRODUCTS down year on year 11 %.

http://www.euronext.com/fic/000/042/764/427642.xls.

well done exchanges.

a round of applause for giving liquidity providing schemes to algo based companies.

clearly a fucking disaster.

2. I would like to know when those pricks over at LIFFE are going to get sacked.

I'm not sure in any walk of of life ('scuse the pun)where this kind of dismal performance and complete management failure would be tolerated.

A lot of them need to go very quickly if they are to have any chance of saving this ship!

3. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

Little rumour I am hearing. Liffe have been getting in the ear about that stop in stg before xmas and the decline in liquidity and open interest in general. Apparently next month we will see it go back to full ticks.

4. As much as I think the full tick return is best for the market I can't see it happening,they are so arrogant over there they would rather let the contract die than take any action from the locals complaints,they have an 'us and them' mentality where somehow if you call up and you're not from a bank/hedge fund you are ignored,they've been doing this for a long time now.

5. Is it like it used to be on the floor?
    Employment at the exchange is just a stepping stone to a more lucrative job.
    While you are there you can see who are the biggest earners and Christian Klapproth has probably been spending the last few years busy sucking the cocks at a high flying fund. In exchange for a highly paid position in the future (now) he was doing everything he could to stack the odds in their favour.

That's the only way I can rationalize the stupid way they behave...

6. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

March roll over I am hearing.

7. Looks like you're right.

8. Anyone still scalping Eurex Fixed-income (Bunds/bobl mainly ) at all?

9. garak

garak

me
    anyone scalping fdax will find bund suitable as well i'd say. though it's more the orderbook i would look at instead of correlation driven fdax (to fesx).

10. TsunTzu

TsunTzu

Yes. It has changed significantly in the way trade distributes.

#10     Jan 27, 2009