Eurex Vols

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by doublechin, Jul 1, 2010.

1. AK100

AK100

Shocking that the bid-offer was 2 ticks wide some of the time yesterday.

#51     Dec 14, 2011
  2. THEWOOD

THEWOOD

Where did everyone go? Still on Holiday?

#52     Jan 9, 2012
  3. apparently eurex has lost and is losing massive volume to the citi group platform - citi cross and citi market.

retail business and natural order business is sick of being front run and ripped off so it moved to another platform.

they are doing a third of the bund volume apparently.

all eurex has is opportunistic order seeking and front running hft systems.

hence the arse has fallen out their market.

i hope eurex as an exchange go under.

its come full circle for them and now they are paying the price.

share price at the lower end of the range when supposed volumes are high.

yeah righto.

crossed up algo volume more like that pay no fees.

wankers

#53     Jan 9, 2012
  4. I find that incredibly hard to believe...

#54     Jan 9, 2012
  5. Why?

Somethings clearly happened,I was confident eurex would run into trouble at some stage this year,didn't see it this soon though.

#55     Jan 9, 2012
  6. Not at all.

Algos etc have finally fucked it up for everyone including themselves and the exchange.

With the combined attitudes of eurex and the algo firms it was only a matter of time.

#56     Jan 9, 2012
  7. If anyone's got the citi platform link and or any information on it I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

#57     Jan 9, 2012
  8. 'Cause all the mkts I am aware of, pretty much across asset class and location, are trying to get away from proprietary, bi-lateral trading venues. Central Counterparty (CCP) clearing is what everyone wants these days, so I find it hard to imagine that the Eurex biz is moving to Citi's platform. LIFFE, maybe, but not some random sh1t US bank that's in the process of getting dismantled (no offense intended).

#58     Jan 9, 2012
  9. THEWOOD

THEWOOD

Yes, please post.

#59     Jan 9, 2012
  10. Perhaps the attraction to another venue is simply down to enough people having enough of the practices that eurex encourage,if enough people struggle then what have they got to lose by switching,if citi is where the business is,i would definitely take a look.

#60     Jan 9, 2012