Eurex USA offering 1 free year of trades

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ElectricSavant, Dec 13, 2003.

1. nitro

nitro

Mark,

Do you have that press release?

nitro

#21     Apr 17, 2004
  2. EricP

EricP

I don't have the press release, but I talked to the Eurex reps at the Expo in Vegas this past November. My understand was that it would be free for market makers to trade on Eurex, but their requirements for market makers were that they had to maintain a two sided market with minimum size of 25 contracts on each side, and a two tick spread. This had to be maintained some percentage of the normal trading hours (75% or so, as I recall). Doing this qualifies you as a market maker and free commissions for the first year, and reduced rates the second (and possibly third) year.

-Eric

#22     Apr 17, 2004
  3. Bsulli

Bsulli

#23     Apr 17, 2004
  4. nitro

nitro

Thanks Ericp and Bsulli.

Wow, .25 cents per side!!!!???? :eek:

I seriously need to take a look at these markets.

nitro

#24     Apr 17, 2004
  5. Well... well... Eurex US...

I can see they're really out to kill CBOT...

#25     Apr 18, 2004
  6. Bsulli

Bsulli

When you look you will see that Eurex hasn't even come close to Taking Chicago by storm! Liquidity is a long long ways from being a threat to any other exchange.

Friday's volume.

http://www.eurexus.com/market_trading/delquotes/entrance.html

I hope as much as anyone that they really make a difference.

Bsulli

#26     Apr 18, 2004
  7. I have access to Eurex US, and let me tell you, it is terrible right now....it follows the US contracts, but hardly trades..maybe a few thousand per session, i've actually completely stopped looking at it. Esignal, Trading Tech, & CQG are offering the exchange at no cost, but at this point it simply is not worth the time.

Also, i'm not sure how many of you actually trade Eurex products, but beginning in either June or July, you will need to have a "User ID" to access the market. Meaning, you have to take the Eurex exam to become an "approved trader" (in eurex's words). Anyone can pass it, it'll just take abit of money and alot of time....i compare it to the Seris 3 test for futures.

#27     Apr 19, 2004
  8. Transact Futures

Transact Futures Transact Futures

I think we will all learn more tomorrow at the Eurex meeting in the Symphoney Center.

#28     Apr 19, 2004
  9. KeyWest

KeyWest Velocity Futures

they offer a variety of competitive deals and they even offer free TT for their exchnage

#29     Apr 20, 2004
  10. Transact Futures

Transact Futures Transact Futures

We also offer a free platform for 4 exchanges. Take your pick.

#30     Apr 20, 2004