Eurex USA offering 1 free year of trades

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ElectricSavant, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Eurex USA is offering 1 year of free trades to make its debut. Just heard this on Bloomberg...Perhaps this is old news....

Michael B.

2. To trade what instruments?

3. They are not offering their whole line....I think it is just a few...I read somewhere in here what the symbols were ....take a peak in this forum....the symbols are there somewhere. The free trades are for their entire product line of electronically traded instrments that they are offering in the USA. (I do not believe they have a pit)

Michael B.

4. Eurex US will begin trading on February 1. It will offer 20 hour trading from 8 p.m. until 4 p.m. the following day. Its products will include futures and options on 2-, 5- and 10-year Treasury notes and on 30-year Treasury bonds as well as the world's most liquid derivatives, the 2-, 5- and 10-year contracts on Euro interest rates. It will also include the most liquid European index derivatives, the futures on the European indices DAX® and Dow Jones Euro STOXX 50SM. All European products will continue to be also traded on Eurex's European platform and will be fully fungible with Eurex US' products.

5. Pabst

Pabst

Pretty desperate move. Eurex giving their product away. LOL. In the mean time seats in Chicago are in serious uptick mode. Eurex will never make it in the U.S.

7. Oh My....

Lots of money at stake here....

Michael B.

8. It's for market makers only. I just read the press release. I will post it later I'm heading out the door right now. I'm already late.

9. You are so wrong, it is not funny. Unfortunately, Eurex will overtake this market completely, taking no prisoners.

10. I really hope so. don't feel like buying a seat in order to pay low fees. I want to pay low fees anytime!

#10     Dec 13, 2003