Eurex Trading Volumes Rose by 52 Percent to 162 Million Contracts in July

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by THE-BEAKER, Aug 3, 2007.

1. LIFFE were definitely too cocky at the time but the facts remain - they developed the bund future in 1988,before DTB even existed.They used their infrastructure to sustain and build the contract into a global market.Seeing as DTB spent millions developing their Exchange always being clear that the German Bund should be hosted in Germany,constantly snapping at LIFFE's heels,even scrapping all Exchange fees on the Bund to compete it seems strange that they would suddenly offer an acceptable alliance if they knew they were going to gain the market share they'd spent millions trying to get.

To get an idea of LIFFE's attitude towards electronic trading and the level of competition between LIFFE and DTB an embarrassing quote from LIFFE in 1990:"We think open outcry will work better than a screen in periods of intensive trading.With a computer system it takes a long time to key in bids and offers" OOPS!

#11     Aug 7, 2007
  2. Yeah but the way DTB worked then, there were no ISV's you had to use the GUI.

You had a choice of screens, using the TRAD screen you had to press the buy button then type the quantity the tab then input price, then tab and input the account. It was ridiculous.

I also started down LIFFE as a runner, i moved there in 1994.

#12     Aug 13, 2007
  3. can somebody point me to a website for getting free chart for FESX...eurostoxx chart... delayed charts are fine need for study...thanks

#13     Oct 7, 2007
  4. So true...:)):p :p

#14     Oct 8, 2007
  5. So, do you think it has "something" to do with the fall of the British Empire ? :D :D :D

#15     Oct 8, 2007
  6. FinSci

FinSci

Eurex subsidiary in Estonia :)

#16     Oct 10, 2007