Eurex Trading Volumes Rose by 52 Percent to 162 Million Contracts in July

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by THE-BEAKER, Aug 3, 2007.

1. anyone under the illusion the that the bobl 1/2 tick might go back to a full tick forget it.

anyone under the illusion that the exchanges are bothered about a few locals who are scratching around for a living forget it.

systems and algos rules the day.

volumes are up.

shareholders are happy.

well done eurex.

Contract turnover in the fixed income segment in July was up 45 percent to 73 million (July 2006: 50.3 million). The Euro Bund future saw a volume of 33 million contracts (July 2006: 21.7 million). 15 million contracts were traded in the Euro Bobl futures (+ 34 percent), 15.6 million contracts in the Euro Schatz future (+ 47 percent). Options on the Euro Bund future and Euro Bobl future set a new record with 5.5 million respective 2.5 million contracts. The previous record stood at 5.4 million in June 2007 (Bund) and 2.1 million in July 2006 (Bobl).

SEE FULL STORY BELOW:

http://www.eurexchange.com/about/press/press_525_en.html

2. 0008

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reduce the bund and ESTX to 1/10 ticks please! :cool:

3. I like my DAX, I like my BUNDS, I like my BOBLS, i like EUREX ! Thank you for 17 years of a great, successfull story ! I love my Deutsche Börse shares, too ! :D :D :D

4. funny the exchange only went live in 1998.

2007-1998 = 9

not 17 years.

another over exageration of successful trading

5. 1) Eurex was established in 1998 with the merger of Deutsche Terminbörse (DTB, the German derivatives exchange) and SOFFEX (Swiss Options and Financial Futures).

2) The rest of the explanation is in German language ( hope, it is not too much of a challenge to translate ! ). Hint : you will read the expression "1990 startete" . Guess, what it means !!!:

* 1988 wurde die DTB Deutsche Terminbörse GmbH gegründet. Gesellschafter der DTB GmbH waren 17 Banken. Die DTB GmbH fungierte als Clearinghaus und Träger der DTB Deutsche Terminbörse. Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender der GmbH und Vorsitzender der Börse war Rolf-E. Breuer, Geschäftsführer Dr. Jörg Franke und Friedrich W. Wahl.
    * Am 26. Januar 1990 startete die DTB mit dem Handel. Anfänglich wurden nur Optionen, später auch Futures gehandelt.
    * 1993 wurde die DTB GmbH in die neu gegründete Deutsche Börse AG eingegliedert.
    * 1998 fusionierte die Deutsche Terminbörse GmbH mit der SOFFEX zur heutigen Eurex.

=>Ergo : 2007 - 1990 = ????
    :confused: :eek:

7. Deutsche Borse wasn't successful at all until the late 90s.Most people on this forum probably don't know that the Bund used to be LIFFE's flagship contract when pit trading took place there.It's only since the dawn of the electronic era and cheap fees that Eurex were able to swipe the Bund right from under LIFFE's noses and build one of the largest and most successful Exchanges in the world and in the process edging LIFFE out into the wilderness.

8. as someone who was on the LIFFE floor, and started trading on DTB via the gui in 1998, i have to sasy he is correct 17 years. DAX was listed on DTB, as was Bobl and Schatz, Bund had a dual listing on LIFFE and DTB however it was around middle of 1998 that Eurex got the liquidity. Not something they stole at all, they offered a partnership with LIFFE there was a full page spread in the FT offering an alliance. LIFFE refused and within months, Eurex had a huge amount of liquidity.

9. [​IMG]

10. I started as a runner on the Liffe floor for our Bund guys back in the day(1992 to be precise) It was a mental time. Liffe were way too overconfident and cocky and underestimated the allure of electronic trading. In those days trying to buy or sell 1000 lots was a real issue and you could easily move the market 5-6ticks try doing that now with 1000 lots

#10     Aug 7, 2007