Eurex to launch FX futures!?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by fxfuturesguy, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Just got this via e-mail. Eurex is having a free FX webinar being run by their CEO. Here's an opportunity to ask questions to Eurex management. Could be interesting.

Topic: Introduction to FX Futures on Eurex US
    Date: Wednesday, June 22
    Time: 3:30pm, Chicago time
    Presenter: Satish Nandapurkar, CEO of Eurex US
    Register: http://www.eurexus.com/education/webinars.html

Check it out.

#11     Jun 21, 2005
  2. I will use this as an opportunity to again point out that IB should allow access to more options on futures. Eurodollars on globex is a no-brainer; there is lots of volume and the platform is all set up to go on TWS. Also option on the six major currency pair. However these currency options should be identical to the pit options so volume can more easily move back and forth between the pit and the screen unlike the current product on EUR and JPY.

Even if the option trading through IB is just lining up to be scalped getting an option position gives me the insurance to trade a large futures contact. I only need to make one trade in the illiquid options market to allow access to a very liquid future where I can trade again and again with low slippage/commissions.

Let get to gather here and let them know

#12     Jun 23, 2005
  3. just21

just21

Did eurexus mention options on currency futures at their webinar last night?

IB have promised options on brent crude futures in a couple of weeks. I agree that IB should add more options on futures but they need to add volume traded for the existing ones. Liffe commodity options would be a great addition.

#13     Jun 23, 2005
  4. Steve_IB

Steve_IB Interactive Brokers

We offer EuroFX and JPY options. We'll offer the other options on currency pair futures when they are electronic.

#14     Jun 23, 2005
  5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

get a new broker kids.

why do so many people settle for an outfit that doesnt offer the basics?

missed opportunity! & you call your self a trader??

#15     Jun 23, 2005
  6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

err - thats not quite how it works.

commercials need the specs and the specs need the commercials.

#16     Jun 23, 2005
  7. True - comms enhance the volume for specs and vice-versa, but this does not mean, either side ABSOLUTELY NEEDS the other side for a viable market.

At least this is my thinking.. I'm interested in hearing the opinions of others who are more experienced.

#17     Jun 23, 2005
  8. I couldn't get into the webinar. Apparently they had technical difficulties and the Eurex US website says the webinar has been rescheduled for Monday at 11am Chicago time.

FX options would be a great question to ask.

#18     Jun 23, 2005
  9. just21

just21

I am on holiday next week, so if you ask, post answer here. thanks

#19     Jun 23, 2005
  10. yeah, but the market demands more than just low rates and electronic matches. it demands information and tested relationships. that's how business really works, and why attempts to dehumanize it always drive away business.

#20     Jun 23, 2005