Eurex Slow Downs

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by leewalton01, Mar 28, 2006.

1. esmjb

esmjb

correct

#21     Jul 18, 2006
  2. Dogfish

Dogfish

Well maybe you are on a more reliable server at eurex, we get slowdowns when the server at eurex overloads and we switch automatically onto another, nothing to do with this end because eurex then admit what caused the slowdown and apologise - brilliant send me a cheque too. Every shop in london gets the same, we're all in contact. The slowdown won't be apparent to you unless you are expecting to be shown a fill at the busiest time, you can't see it unless you're in it when your fill isn't confirmed for up to 5 seconds. It's a traffic issue at eurex and they admit it. But do they try to resolve it - no.

#22     Jul 19, 2006
  3. esmjb

esmjb

im on a server with only 3 other people so that definitely makes a difference. but even that couldnt help on a day like today where it really slowed down, maybe the worst ive ever experienced. however, our CME traders were yelling and screaming too about delays. i suspect you aren't around for the majority of the US trading hours day when CME is most busy so you arent able to see how often they have problems. eurex is quite good, imo.

#23     Jul 19, 2006
  4. Dogfish

Dogfish

First slowdown in a while over ISM, eurex said they had a "data backlog" Too many damn machines trying to do too many trades I reckon - cbot seems to handle it ok :confused:

#24     May 3, 2007
  5. i bet you a pound every arcade experienced the same slowdown.
    i bet you a hundred pound that every other user had no slowdown or very little as they are all plugged into the front end with their servers next to the exchange.

ill await the barrage of im whinging comments and i have to evolve my trading.

how i evolve my trading around all the systems that are quicker than the amusement arcade i work at i dont know.

#25     May 3, 2007
  6. Dogfish

Dogfish

I know 3 other "amusement arcades" :D that did and the cqg feed went down the swany for a bit too. Still on the bright side it's been a good run without slowdown, used to be par for the course

#26     May 3, 2007
  7. Dogfish

Dogfish

but then here...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93559&perpage=6&pagenumber=2

You answer your own questions. Problem solved.

#27     May 3, 2007

8. not that you winging about the system being slow because you obviously evolved your trading style to adapt to such market where slowdowns are common place at arcades.

oh whats this below winging. no surely not.

03-28-06 10:34 AM

Every man and his dog were trying to hit the IFO and M3 figures, every firm I know had slowdowns. That'd be 9am BST though?

That's exactly what i was saying to traders in london today, highest ever volume records - oldest ever servers, they need to sort it out and spend some of that money

03-29-06 11:48 AM

It IS the whole exchange, you get the slowdown you phone them up and they eventually admit it is a problem at their end. In the last month or so it's getting ridiculous and very expensive. To say all exchanges get slowdowns just accept it is unbelievable, we pay a huge amount of money to them for the service and they can't be bothered to improve it, it's just lazy penny pinching.

04-06-06 02:36 PM

Slowdowns over Trichet press conference were a joke

07-06-06 02:54 PM

Does eurex ever even bother to look into correcting their shortcomings, no change this press conference and let me guess about the next one......

07-19-06 01:16 PM

Well maybe you are on a more reliable server at eurex, we get slowdowns when the server at eurex overloads and we switch automatically onto another, nothing to do with this end because eurex then admit what caused the slowdown and apologise - brilliant send me a cheque too. Every shop in london gets the same, we're all in contact. The slowdown won't be apparent to you unless you are expecting to be shown a fill at the busiest time, you can't see it unless you're in it when your fill isn't confirmed for up to 5 seconds. It's a traffic issue at eurex and they admit it. But do they try to resolve it - no.

05-03-07 03:26 PM

First slowdown in a while over ISM, eurex said they had a "data backlog" Too many damn machines trying to do too many trades I reckon - cbot seems to handle it ok

#28     May 4, 2007
  9. Dogfish

Dogfish

That's what you call constructive criticism - they uprgraded the fill mechanism and the bandwidth of eurex feeds after loads of people raised it directly with eurex. You'll have experienced slowdown free trading for a considerable period of time since those comments were written last year, until yesterday! I'm saying perhaps they need to do some more upgrades already to handle all the machine orders, if cbot can handle it why can't eurex.

Most of your posts on the other hand...

The beaker's always half empty isn't it? boom boom!

Anyway these jibes back and forth aren't constructive for anyone -couldn't resist that last one though sorry! :D

So for all our sakes, lets hope eurex holds up over non farms!

Good luck

#29     May 4, 2007
  10. i understand what you say especially this part '' I'm saying perhaps they need to do some more upgrades already to handle all the machine orders, if cbot can handle it why can't eurex. ''

the point is why do they care that a few locals and arcades are experiencing slowdowns. who cares . as a percentage of volume we are insignificant.

if however the companies that operate algos complain they will do something about it.

as for you and me we probably will experience more and more slow downs.

let see what happens over non farms.

as for the back and forth banter theres nothing wrong with a few digs.

if the beaker is half empty then im afraid mr dogfish your days as a pedigree are over. a mongrel you will become.

boom boom

#30     May 4, 2007