Eurex Slow Downs

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by leewalton01, Mar 28, 2006.

1. esmjb

esmjb

yeah, i felt the slowdown there as well and it did suck.

on a side note, ive been having trouble trading the estoxx over the last month. i was banging it pretty good for the last 3 years but it seems to have changed lately. anyone else feel this way?

#11     Apr 6, 2006
  2. cmaxb

cmaxb

In what way, if I might ask?

#12     Apr 6, 2006

3. I've never seen this kind of volatility in all of Eurex's products. Estoxx is approaching the kind of volatility only seen in the Dax lately. The Bund has also jumped around excessively at any economic release, and god forbid the word "vigilant" come from Trichet. Anyone over in Europe have any insight on what's pushing these markets around?

#13     Jun 7, 2006
  4. I agree. The volume and volatility have contributed tremendously to slower fills and very slow confirmations. This makes it frustrating for someone scalping with a high frequency. I often have to go 3 ticks outside the last price to get a fill or be left behind. Amazing. I trade CME, CBOT and Eurex all with high frequency and I can tell first hand that Eurex is the absolute worst system currently. I have actually started to focus more on ER2 and YM to get used to those products. I feel I will eventually abandon Eurex for the execution disadvantage.

I love those letter every month telling me how they had record volume, etc. My reaction is, "well spend some of that f*&&$^Y# money on a better platform."

:)

#14     Jun 7, 2006
  5. neilcoll

neilcoll

All the bund traders are moving to the FESX ... 2.2 mil contracts a day .....

i think thats why the contract has changed!!

#15     Jun 7, 2006
  6. esmjb

esmjb

that would explain why i've been absolutely run over a few times lately, cuz those maniac bund traders are pushing it around.

#16     Jun 8, 2006
  7. Dogfish

Dogfish

Does eurex ever even bother to look into correcting their shortcomings, no change this press conference and let me guess about the next one......

#17     Jul 6, 2006
  8. What has the Eurex been like the last few days???????

...still lags or fill problems and with what trade platforms (i use NT and X)???

thanks

#18     Jul 17, 2006
  9. esmjb

esmjb

it is fine. dogfish complains unneccessarily so. im pretty certain the problem is on his end with so many people on a server at marex. i rarely have any problems. and i use TT.

#19     Jul 17, 2006
  10. When you say TT you mean XTrader platform for your Eurex trades....right (not the TT feed to NT platform)?

#20     Jul 17, 2006