Eurex In Asian Times

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Dude, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Dude

Dude

Having traded the Bund on liffe and in london at a prop shop i'm now in australia still trading them, so you could imagine my delight when liffe announced that they plan to open the euribor contract 6 hours earlier at end of Q2 next year to come in with asian time zones..I have since been in touch with eurex to see if they plan to do the same, unfortunatley they don't..

Any views why they should or shouldn't? I personaly think they should be open 23 hours aday like the sfe and cbot...

2. KS96

KS96

Yeah right... so we never sleep again....

3. HI MATE - CAN I ASK WHAT THE CONNECTIVITY IS LIKE FROM OZ.
    ALSO WHERE ARE YOU CONNECTING TO PLEASE AND COSTS ETC.
    IM TRYING TO FIND OUT ABOUT TRADING FROM MANILA FOR EUREX AND EURONEXT PRODUCTS. - SEE MY THREAD IN PROP SHOPS.

4. The trouble with 23 hours a day is that the movement relies on an interested group of traders. So EuroFX trades really well from when the germans awake until a little before the Americans are anticipating news, then again for the US morning. But over the asian session its usually dull as dishwater.

The YenUSD futures has a slightly different set of times as one would expect.

So, it seems to me that the question is, who would trade the european indexes and bonds during the asian hours with enough real interest to make it worth trading?

5. TRS

TRS

Dude, SFE doesn't trade 23 hours a day.

Kiwi_trader, Markets will make markets. Stop running etc. I traded the overnight SPI as a newbie when it first hit the screens:eek: :D

6. Dude

Dude

sfe closes for 1 hour and a half in the morning and 40 minutes in the evening...so it's 22 not 23 hours..