EUREX HUB in Miami anyone?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by esmjb, Nov 12, 2005.

1. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

these guys are talking about a direct line in to the book, not routing an order from germany, over to us, then to japan, south africa, polond, back to japan, then n america and finally back to germany which is the kind of route your order will go through (if unlucky) on a retail isp which i guess you are using if also with a retail broker.

#41     Nov 16, 2005
  2. ROFL

#42     Nov 18, 2005
  3. I hate winter. Unfortunately as a chicago-based eurex trader i can not trade in a warm weather spot during winter without sacrificing highly valued connection speed.

Since there is a hub in Helsinki (for christs sake, how much volume can possibly pass through there???) amongst other locations, i see no reason why it wouldnt be possible to convince Eurex to build a hub in Miami thus enabling NYC and Chi-town traders to head south for the winter.

Is anyone else feeling me on this???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

i agree...and would love to see a hub in that part of the world. speed is of the essence, and therefore location to a hub is vital.

what about the bahamas...surely the tax breaks there, as well as the weather would lead to good demand....i know people do trade eurx from nassau...but i'm pretty sure there is no eurex hub...unless someone can tell me different?

#43     Dec 8, 2005
  4. I beleive Refco/Man already have a hub in their Miami Trading Services arcade dont they?

#44     Dec 8, 2005