EUREX HUB in Miami anyone?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by esmjb, Nov 12, 2005.

1. esmjb

esmjb

banana,
    please dont post here if you dont know what you are talking about. i've traded on eurex in chicago, london and paris and also remotely 1000 miles away from a hub. there was no difference in speed between chicago, london and paris which coincidentally all have hubs and if im not mistaken 2 of them are on the other side of the pond. when i traded remotely with a 30ms delay (yeah i did the math) i was unable to move in and out of the market as i like to.

perhaps you should look up the word "hub" on the eurex website. you seem to think its a funny word. again, please dont post ignorance here, im trying to accomplish something positive.

#11     Nov 14, 2005
  2. banana

banana

Yeah I know nothing

So if there's 1 contract at the inside then if someone in Frankturt hits it nothing happens. Eurex waits for the Auckland hub to send in its instructions before crossing?

Thanks for the education!

#12     Nov 15, 2005
  3. banana

banana

a funny word - you mean like "hilarity"?

Anyway I did as you asked and I couldn't find any documents that told be what a hub was - just a Press Release stating:

"An Access Point is a telecommunications hub connecting Eurex members via fixed telecommunications lines to the Eurex network"
    http://www.eurexchange.com/about/company_info/press_releases/news_pressreleases_342.html

and another one stating:
    "This will help Hong Kong in its development as a regional securities settlement hub."
    http://www.eurexchange.com/about/company_info/press_releases/news_pressreleases_234.html

Can you let me know where I'm going "wrong".

Many "thanks"

#13     Nov 15, 2005
  4. marky1

marky1

esmjb - I know what you are talking about. We opened a second office outside of the UK - when looking at locations we obviously had a short list of those with Eurex and Liffe hubs - we ended up in Gibraltar. I would imagine if the demand is there, Eurex will build one anywhere.

#14     Nov 15, 2005
  5. Verdais

Verdais

Lets get them to build one in Los Angeles. Huge population, have to be a lot of potential traders out here. Please, Eurex?

#15     Nov 15, 2005
  6. are you talking about Eurex exchange gateways? Eurex will install a gateway anywhere if you pay them for the service. Not cheap however.

Surely you are better going in with one of the arcades in Miami who have their own existing gateway?

#16     Nov 15, 2005
  7. esmjb

esmjb

good job on your homework, banana. you certainly cant be accused of doing nothing. now for the final piece: call eurex tech support in chicago and ask them about the differences in types of connections.

then go f*** yourself. apparently you think you are the smartest person on ET.

#17     Nov 15, 2005
  8. banana

banana

Maybe I don't need to - thought about that?

Can you answer by question about what happens if there is one contract left at the inside and someone hits in from the access point in Frankfurt?

Go on............ have a go!

#18     Nov 15, 2005
  9. esmjb

esmjb

i have thought about that actually. i figured out rather early in our conversations that you wouldnt do anything that might actually prove you were wrong. as you consider yourself an intellectual elitist you must insulate yourself from the truth in order to make sure your ego isnt bruised.

#19     Nov 15, 2005
  10. banana

banana

Sounds as though someone's ego is bruised...

#20     Nov 15, 2005