Eurex Data Feed - Free?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by rsi80, Jan 29, 2016.

1. rsi80

rsi80

Hi, all

Can anyone suggest a US futures broker offering Eurex products he/she is happy with which does not have a monthly (typically US$ 23) Eurex data feed fee?

Thanks.

2. sakisf

sakisf

I am with Amp and they have free Eurex through TTnet & Rithmic feeds. You only have to pay with CQG. I think it would be the same with the other brokers which offer the above feeds.

3. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Hi rsi80.

Like sakisf said, the 23 $ are the CQG fee for Eurex data. If you use Rithmic, TT, CTS T4 or other feeds, then there is no such fee.

Possible brokers that offer what you are looking for:
    - TradeFutures4Less (IB)
    - Ninjatrader (IB)
    - DeepDiscountTrading (IB)
    - Wedbush (FCM)
    - Dorman (FCM)
    - Advantage Futures (FCM)
    - RCG (FCM)
    - Transact Futures (FCM)
    - AMP Futures (FCM)

and many others.

Greetings,
    CALLumbus

4. rsi80

rsi80

Thanks, guys, for your feedback.

Being an IB customer, I'm new to CQG, TTnet & Rithmic data feeds.

Would any of you happen to trade Eurex products using a TTnet or Rithmic data feed? Do you find their reliability comparable to CQG's feed?

5. sakisf

sakisf

I am with Rithmic feed now and trade Eurostoxx. Was with CQG before but had to change to R because I was getting very high delay with CQG (in Europe) esp. after the US open at 8:30 Chicago. Sometimes I was getting the feed delayed up to 1-2 min - was doing side to side comparison to R through Ninja. It could have been that I had many charts open & VP & MP's running in Sierra or that I was placed at Chicago datacenter despite asking for London, but I haven't noticed any such issues since the switch. Some people claim that CQG is higher quality; I can't make that comparison because I don't watch tick to tick, but I liked that it was open during the weekends and I could download data and also it felt more robust to me because with Sierra I had no separate connector which sometimes I accidentally close. TT was the fastest of the 3 but it has a volume issue with Sierra (bid-ask volume showing incorrectly) and so ditched it as I watch T&S too.

You should read around and find which is best for the platform you will choose. Sometimes you might have only one option.

6. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

I have used all kind of data feed and in regular markets (99% of the time) I could not see a significant difference in speed or reliability. In very fast, crazy markets (rate decisions, market crashs...) my favourite is still TT feed (X_trader). Especially in fast instruments like the FDAX, CL or GC some platforms or data feeds might not be able to keep up with the speed in extreme situations. I never had this problem with X_trader and TT. But for the average retail trader I think 99% of the time it wont make a difference.
    For example, I also like the Rithmic Rtrader very much. Very simple, lightweight and fast with no monthly cost.